Can the fine people of the U.K. explain any postage tax,

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

Can the fine people of the U.K. explain any postage tax,

Postby craigtheairplaneman on Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:19 pm

Hi to the fine fans of the U.K.:

I am sorry for not knowing this in advance.

As you are aware Amazon U.K./Germany/France/Japan was to have the book listed the same time as Amazon US.

I got emails that many people (Thanks so much) from the U.K. purchased the book through the Amazon site. One guy posted on the A-Deck Jefferson Starship site that people have to pay a tax/duty.

A fan emailed the bill from Amazon to me and showed the cost of the book and the postage. There was no mention of a tax. Amazon offered 3 postage price points to better serve the nice people of Europe and that was it.

Did I miss something or did the guy on A-DECK tell something that isn't the truth?

Thank you all and may every fan in Europe/Asia/Africa have a wonderful holiday season to go along with the fine folks of North Amercica.

Be well and sorry if I am old and confused,
Craig
"Craig Fenton knows so much about the J.A. and Family, I was asking him the questions."
Marty Balin July 2006.

"Take Me To A Circus Tent" is here. With many 5 star reviews already!! 93 photos 543 pages!
Thanks for flying with the J.A.
craigtheairplaneman

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions