Jefferson Airplane and James "Luck" Ward

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

Jefferson Airplane and James "Luck" Ward

Postby psychhead on Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:25 pm

:D 8) I'v e been trying to find info on JLW, seemingly a forgotten guitar player of the past, who I know played for a period with JA too! I can't seem to find anything on him on the NET....help appreciated. Thanx in advance.

Rob :D
Psychedelic music is IN with time!!
psychhead

Re: Jefferson Airplane and James "Luck" Ward

Postby t5mustang on Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:45 am

his name was or is depending on your state of mind James "LUCKY" Ward. he was from Columbus GA. I was a friend of his and played often with him. He had more stories about J.A. and the "queen" His time in both bands and his time with Barbi Benton. We use to think some of it was all in his mind but have found out from many people that he was there and many other places. I have one of his guitars and I play it every day, and at every gig. He lives on. He has influenced many other guitar players as rick wayne money , who playes with randy travis, any way, I can not belive that you never recived a reply on this question. I am sure Grace Slick has a story or two about Lucky and his Pork chop side burns! I would love to hear from some others about Lucky!
t5mustang

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions