Jefferson Airplane book will land next week. Really YES!!!!

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

Jefferson Airplane book will land next week. Really YES!!!!

Postby craigtheairplaneman on Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:13 pm

11/22/06:

Happy and safe holiday. It looks like the Airplane

will be landing on 11/27/06!!! :) :) :D :D :D I will post all

the details where to get the book first! I will

make sure that regardless of country the book can

get in your hands. Thanks soooooooo much

for the amazing emails. The journey has first

started!
Wish dad well. Thanskgiving in the hospital isn't

right.

All the best,

Airplane Man (Soon landing the plane)
"Craig Fenton knows so much about the J.A. and Family, I was asking him the questions."
Marty Balin July 2006.

"Take Me To A Circus Tent" is here. With many 5 star reviews already!! 93 photos 543 pages!
Thanks for flying with the J.A.
craigtheairplaneman

Postby psychhead on Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:04 am

:D :twisted: I was waiting for this post man!!! Great stuff.....finally. I can only buy the book online as I'm in the EU for work.....or perhaps you can send me a list of distributors/and or shops here in Rome Italy so that i might be able to get the book direct!!!
Thanx again Craig and i wish your dad all the best!!!

Rob :D
Psychedelic music is IN with time!!
psychhead

Airplane Book

Postby craigtheairplaneman on Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:09 am

Hi Psychhead:

Hope all is well. Thank you for asking about the book and the other super nice people from Europe and Asia that emailed me directly.

Please see in 14 days from the 27th of November if Amazon U.K. shows the listing for it. It takes time and I am sorry that it is not a quick stroke of the pen. In addition the international distributor Ingram should have it listed for sale when you go into any of the fine book shops in Europe.

If you ahve any trouble please contact me. I will get you the book if you live on earth or Pluto.

I have covered every angle to make sure that it is available, but with the holiday season coming if things are delayed in Europe/Asia, I'll send it out myself if I have to.

Thank you all for your time and kind wishes. It means a lot with dad still in the hospital.

All the best,
Craig
"Craig Fenton knows so much about the J.A. and Family, I was asking him the questions."
Marty Balin July 2006.

"Take Me To A Circus Tent" is here. With many 5 star reviews already!! 93 photos 543 pages!
craigtheairplaneman

Postby pandalove on Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:41 pm

yes!!!! yes!!!! yes!!!!
truly wonderful to have it finally here craig though i do hope you'll hang around the boards. its nice having you around.
love and prayers to the nice guy in the sky for your dad.
Avoid all needle drugs, the only dope worth shooting is Richard Nixon.
-Abbie Hoffman
pandalove

Postby Chasin'Destiny on Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:37 pm

Here we are again,in the arena of the New Circustent.
Let the games begin !... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
My bad-to-the-bone-killer-dogs are the first
in this great show....just look at them... :shock:

http://members.home.nl/jjurgens/All-bad-dogs.jpg

Don't forget to check this out !!!...

http://forums.rollingstone.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68

Have a lot of fun at the Craig Fenton's New Circustent...
......Get that book !!!...fast !!!...and listen to these people...

http://members.home.nl/jjurgens/Forum1.jpg

:roll: ...Enough...i believe it....

OOooops...somebody did order to much books...

http://members.home.nl/jjurgens/OOoops6.JPG

:roll: ...Sorry Craig and others, sometimes....
:roll: ...i just make a mess of it...and love it..... :lol: :lol:
Chasin'Destiny

Jefferson Airplane book thanks

Postby craigtheairplaneman on Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:04 am

Hi Panda Love and Chasin' Destiny:

Thanks for nice words! I will always be honored to stay around the Airplane Forum. It is people like you that give writers like me the opportunity to publish books on the Airplane! Thank you to all.

I owe Chasin Destiny a book for his help with the cool circus tent. When I get the author copies one must be on it's way to Holland.

Have a great day all and thank you!

All the best,
Airplane Man
Marty Balin July 2006.

craigtheairplaneman

Re: Jefferson Airplane book thanks

Postby Chasin'Destiny on Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:13 pm

craigtheairplaneman wrote:Hi Panda Love and Chasin' Destiny:
...I owe Chasin Destiny a book
for his help with the cool circus tent. When I get the
author copies one must be on it's way to Holland.

And for the first 1000 buyers of the book
this one for free from me, for the cold nights..... :roll:

http://members.home.nl/jjurgens/Shoes-for-winter.jpg

That makes reading the book from Craig comfortable...
Is Santa on my or your way ?...i'll be waiting for
something BIG to come....
We can work that out, that your book will find my home :roll:

8) ....waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...
:lol:
Chasin'Destiny

Postby Steve on Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:13 am

Hi Craig. I bought the book & it was a facinating read. Thanks for uncovering such interesting information. My only complaint- why no interviews with Grace, Jack or Jorma? Seems like they would have a lot to say...
Steve

Postby Chasin'Destiny on Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:56 am

Steve wrote:Why no interviews with Grace, Jack or Jorma?
Seems like they would have a lot to say...

That's for Circustent version 2.0 !
:roll: :roll: :roll: ...sorry, bad joke...
Chasin'Destiny

Why No Jorma/Jack/Grace

Postby craigtheairplaneman on Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:29 pm

Hi Steve:

Thank you for the kind words and thanks for buying the book. Here is the answer to your question. Have a great day!

When the project started the goal was to interview 35 people. Normally if you can get 75 percent it is rather good. I was able to land 32 of 35.

As for three that are missing:
Grace was not feeling well for a period of time. May she have a better 2007. I didn't make a pest of myself. I could have approached her at an art show in New Jersey, but that wasn't the right thing. Seeing how my dad has been through hell in the hospital the past 10 weeks, I respect that people need time to get things back in order before they can help others.

As for Jorma and Jack. Their manager was given not only a zillion references but a letter of introduction as to what type of fan I was/am. At one time I had the 2nd largest Hot Tuna collection in the universe. Management did not want to revisit the past.

I explaine both on the phone and through email/fax that the book was not taking a rag sheet approach. I didn't need to write about non-musical events that could be very hurtful.

Believe me I made sure that if I were told something in confidence it stayed that way.

It would have been great to interview Jorma and Jack because I would have had the angle not only of a fanatical fan for over 30 years but as a former disc-jockey I have done enough interviews to make it something good for the readers.

I can't change the past but the offer stands any time at their convenience I would be honored to interview Jorma/Jack and hope management will rethink that without a past is there a present?

Have the best day ever,
Craig
Marty Balin July 2006.

craigtheairplaneman

Postby Steve on Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:40 pm

Can't interview them if they won't talk! Thanks for the reply. Still a fine book, with lot of info new to me.
Steve

Those that won't Talk

Postby craigtheairplaneman on Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:36 am

Hi steve:

Thanks again for kind words. Grace being so sick I couldn't be a pain and bother here. Certainly wanted the honor of interviewing her.

Jorma/Jack's management focus is much different than the others.

I hope one day to have the honor of speaking with them. The invitation will always be there.

Have a safe holiday and thanks so much,
CF
Marty Balin July 2006.

craigtheairplaneman

Postby psychhead on Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:55 pm

:D 8) G'day Craig!! Hope your dad's better!! I haven't got the book yet, but I'll be ordering it thru Ingram soon! If I can't get it for some reason, I'll let you know Craig. Can you tell me the exact title of the book Craig?! :oops:
Psychedelic music is IN with time!!
psychhead

Book info

Postby craigtheairplaneman on Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:27 am

Hi Psychhead:

Thanks for asking about dad. He isn't doing so great. A tough time.

The book is "Take Me To A Circus Tent (The Jefferson Airplane Flight Manual) Infinity Publishing, USA.

If you don't see it through Amazon U.K./Ingram/Amazon DE. by Monday, please please let me know. I will get the book to anyone.

All the best for your support,
CF
Marty Balin July 2006.

craigtheairplaneman

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions