JA fans

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

JA fans

Postby SHY_BEAR on Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:43 pm

I read a thread on another forum, and thought it was a good question, especcially since I am new to the forum here.

How good was JA to their fans? Were they good about taking time to take pics with em, and sign Autos???? They must be pretty good to them, since this forum is here, I am just wondering...... As an Elvis fan, I look for that quality in Musicians. Elvis was good to people. I always liked that about Him. So, I am just curious as to if JA was that way.
"Amis! Amis! Sus! Sus!" God bless Jehanne La Pucelle
SHY_BEAR

Postby pandalove on Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:54 pm

i know nothing for sure about this but i've heard Paul is a generally decent person who doesnt mind signing a few autographs. people with fansites get info from him all the time... sometimes emails.
Avoid all needle drugs, the only dope worth shooting is Richard Nixon.
-Abbie Hoffman
pandalove

Postby Chasin'Destiny on Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:54 pm

About Grace...
I have her book Somebody to love ,
that is just great to read....
I did read some of her interviews on the internet....
Grace is my hero of the 60s....

And this....an interview....

http://www.endorphin.com/stories/grace_ ... ion=people

http://www.endorphin.com/stories/slick_01.php
Chasin'Destiny

Jefferson Airplane to fans

Postby craigtheairplaneman on Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:55 pm

Hi all Airplaners:

How is Thursday going?

Paul Kantner is really terrific with the fans. He often will spend a great deal of time with people after the Jefferson Starship shows if at all possible.

Marty Balin did a real nice thing one of the 3 nights when the Jefferson Starship played at B.B. King's last time. He was on the bill as an opening act with Slick Aguilar. The entire show was about 6 hours because it had the Jefferson Starship, Quicksilver and Peter Kaukonen as well. He waited all night at the venue and came out on the encore to play with Paul and the band. Many performers would have been at the hotel or airport the second they finished. Marty is a terrific person.

In the early days Signe and Skip Spence were very good with autographs.

Chasin' Destiny and Panda Love will like this story about Grace. The Airplane played a gig in Europe and there was rain throughout the show. At the end Grace thanked the people a few times and as the group when off the stage she stayed and talked with the fans for a few minutes.

The current Jefferson Starship members Diana Mangano and Slick Aguilar are great with the audience and Darby Gould when she can make the shows is fantastic as well.

Have the best day ever,
Airplane Man
"Craig Fenton knows so much about the J.A. and Family, I was asking him the questions."
Marty Balin July 2006.

"Take Me To A Circus Tent" is here. With many 5 star reviews already!! 93 photos 543 pages!
Thanks for flying with the J.A.
craigtheairplaneman

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions