JA members: your favourite one

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Postby Guest on Sun May 29, 2005 7:59 am

Favorite member? GRACE GRACE GRACE GRACE GRACE!!!

I love the fact that she's like, the ORIGINAL girl rock star, and yet she (at least in the airplane days) was pretty much totally out of step with the whole rock and roll thing. If you listen to the melodies and chords of her compositions, they have a lot more to do with orchestrated jazz or even classical music than anything the Rolling Stones or the Byrds were writing - I swear to God I can hear strains of Claude Debussy in Rejoyce, Greasy Heart sounds kinda like this one Miles Davis tune, and White Rabbit's rhythm is 100% shamelessly stolen from Ravel's bolero.

SO creative... and far more original than say... oh, Paul McCartney?

Not to mention the voice... but I think a LOT of people overlook her songwriting.

Postby freakmeout on Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:36 am

reviving a dead topic here...

I love all the members.

-Grace (being a female vocalist, I get a lot of inspiration listening to her voice and lyrics and piano. Plus, she is absolutely gorgeous and I am jealous.)
-Marty (awesome voice, very unique if you're asking me, almost, like, comforting, and being a teenager and a girl: Marty was kind of hot.)
-Jack (I love bass, and his basslines rock and the band would not be the same without them.)
-Paul (His songwriting blows my mind into space. Excluding Starship and all that. Without his songs, the band would fail, which would be quite sad.)
-Jorma (One of the best, if not the absolute best, guitar player I've ever heard! He's so overlooked too, which makes me sad [pouty lip and a tear]. Yes, I like his work better than Hendrix- though I do love the man as well.)
-Spencer (I also play drums and he's one of my favorites and my main influence. His drumming was so unique and impossibly cool. RIP, we miss you!)

And I am done.
freakmeout

Postby Mekstat1 on Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:48 pm

I dont know alot about Jefferson Airplane but At the moment Grace Slick is my fav.
Mekstat1

Previous

Return to Open Forums