Finally found Version 2 !! Sweeeeeeeeeeeet

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Finally found Version 2 !! Sweeeeeeeeeeeet

Postby Shadow_of_A_Doubt on Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:20 pm

Finally found a mono copy of Version 2 of Takes Off. Wow what a find too, best things are in the buck bins at the used album stores.
Shadow_of_A_Doubt

Postby Whenheco on Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:50 am

Whats so special about this particular release :shock: ?
Congratz with your find though :wink:
The Great! Society Really Doesn't Like You Much At All.
Whenheco

Postby freakmeout on Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:29 pm

I can't find a CD version of Baxter's anywhere. Bargin bin, you say? Hmm...

Congrats!!
They are extremely uncomfortable with the idea that I am a teenage girl in the body of a 60 year old career criminal who has already died 16 times...
freakmeout

Postby Guest on Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:54 pm

I go to a secondhand CD shop around my house, every once in a great while I find a cool CD, and they're only about $7. I found the H.P. Lovecraft I/II CD there- my best find 8)
I also live close to a Barnes and Noble, and that's where I found a CD version of After Bathing at Baxters. Most electronic stores don't sell "obscure" music from the 60s, but Barnes and Noble does a better job then most- if they don't have the CD in stock, they can have it shipped to the store for you, and you don't have to pay for it until you actually see it. The only problem is their CDs tend to cost a couple bucks more then other places.

Postby briank on Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:54 pm

Oh, that was me 8) :lol:
briank

Postby Shadow_of_A_Doubt on Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:49 pm

Its the normal catalauge number and song list of the regular Takes Off album. This one is in the mono form. In the song the " Questionable Lyrics " are on the song " Let me In ". On this pressing I just found the song has the verse " Dont tell me you want money " in it. On later pressings ( Version 3 ) this verse was changed to " Dont tell me its so funny" Also on the song " Run Around " this issue has the verse " That sway as you lay under me " on Version 3 it was changed to That sway as you stay here by me ". The real catch is you dont know what version you have until you play it and listen. Here at Rasputan Records in Vallejo, Ca the dollar bin is usually filled with Jim Nebors, Neil Diamond and Fiddler on the Roof and most always are a hammered scratch fest. Amazing I found this one among the crap albums in such good shape. Version 1 has all the questionable lyrics and the original title of Run Around, originally titled " Runnin' round this World" , rare as hell but im now on the hunt for version 1. Dont knock the thrift stores, swap meets or used album stores dollar bins you may be surprized at you come across :shock:
Shadow_of_A_Doubt

Return to Open Forums