hello worldwide airplane listeners

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

hello worldwide airplane listeners

Postby gonzalita on Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:21 am

I'm a french airplane fan and i got a big problem
Please allow me to explain: i'd like to have a piece of advice about how fixing up a vinyl record damaged by the sun heat (and my unconsciousness of course) and i can't hear silver spoon anymore
Please help me it's really tragic.
I also be glad to talk with any personn who's on the forum.
See you soon and take care
Hello there i'd like to share some of my free time with people on this site
gonzalita

Hey now!

Postby jimmie ray on Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:06 am

I would think that actual meltage of the precious vinyl would be unrepairable. Most records never even see direct sunlight, unlike CDs or tapes that are more apt to be brought outside.
Perhaps you like to play frisbee?
Did you see Hot Tuna, when they toured France this spring? I saw pictures of a very cool poster that had them characteratured as animals (wolf and fox, it looked like to me) playing their instruments - it was hung outside of some theater there. They have been playing alot here in New York lately, but with little fanfare like that!
It's good times now - I can see the light!
jimmie ray

Postby Guest on Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:29 am

thank u for your answer but i'm so :cry: it was an original grunt one (not as those printed in france records my father had bought several years later)
no i didn't saw them too busy but I'd like to see them at least one time anyway what do u think if i iron it VERY CAREFULLY?
and by the way if u want to talk about anything u want I'm your cat mr jimmy ray
see u soon :D
p s i'd like to visit your country and the latin america can u tell me what's a must see and what i should be aware of.
sincerly your devoted servant
gonzalita

Vinyl may be final...

Postby jimmie ray on Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:57 am

Is your record just slightly warped? If so, maybe you could put it between 2 pieces of glass, put it back out in the sun to heat up, and after a few hours put a weight on top. Then let it cool when the sun goes down, with the weight still on it - that might flatten it?
Why don't you tell us all some more about yourself, that might give an idea of what you would enjoy?
It's good times now - I can see the light!
jimmie ray

Uncool.....actually, VERY HOT!!!!!! TOO HOT!!!!

Postby psychhead on Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:23 am

:shock: :shock: 8) :wink: Yeah, them old vynils didn't always kick ass!!! The same thing happened to my TOMMY (WHO) double album once!!! :roll: :oops: :cry:
Normally, not all is lost because you might be able to recover some untainted songs and record them on tape!!! I recovered about 70% of the album that way :D
Oh and hey...welcome here!!!!!

Robert :P
Psychedelic music is IN with time!!
psychhead

Return to Open Forums