Psychedelic Poster Wallpapers?

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Psychedelic Poster Wallpapers?

Postby briank on Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:22 pm

I love psychedelic posters- when I go off to college, I'm hoping to make one to look for people who want to put together a band- I think someone here made one, which looked really cool, so I figured I should try to draw one up, even though I'm not good with artwork. . .
Anyways, I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find some posters that I could set up as wallpaper on my computer. I've found some websites, but all the pictures are so small, it wouldn't come close to fitting. . . Anyone got any suggestions?
briank

Postby MigztheHippy on Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:13 am

even if you cant draw itll sure come out physcadelic!
MigztheHippy

Postby Whenheco on Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:58 am

I can look up some big posters if you wan't.
Mostly it would be posters of Doors concerts but they're always more bands billed at those concerts.
Most of the time the scan quality sucks though (or they compressed the image to much).
Problem is that those posters are not the same size as you're desktop, but you can alway's centre it.
The Great! Society Really Doesn't Like You Much At All.
Whenheco

Postby Murf on Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:11 am

a small number of concert poster wallpapers and screensavers can be found at http://www.wolfgangsvault.com, under downloads. Hope this is the sort of stuff you're looking for
Murf

Postby briank on Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:48 am

Thanks for that link, Murf, I'm gonna use some of that art as inspiration for my poster 8) Any help would be appreciated in finding more wallpapers. . .
I'm going off to college in a couple weeks and wanna cover my walls with art, but I see that those reprints of some of those posters are too expensive for me. I think I'm gonna try to go out and find some cheap posters of Dali's artwork :shock: :D . I'm on my parent's computer, but when I get my own computer, I will definately have some cool wallpaper.
And I'm actually working on a little ad for anyone interested in joining a band when I head to college. . . it's a pretty rough sketch (even though I'm spending hours on it), but how could I post it on here? We have a scanner, and I won't add color yet, but it would be cool to show you guys my artwork. I'm trying to follow the idea of cramming in as much information as possible while still being (barely) understandable.
briank

Postby Whenheco on Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:02 pm

The Great! Society Really Doesn't Like You Much At All.
Whenheco

Return to Open Forums