Slick goes Gaga

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Re: Slick goes Gaga

Postby psychy on Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:21 pm

redrabid wrote:Hey psychy! Nice to see that there is at least somebody as stubborn as me in trying to keep this forum alive.
Let's be cavemen and fight over women again.
On the radio I heard "This Girl Is On Fire" by Alicia Keys.
Why on earth is this song so succesful? Wooden production, uninspired lyrics and composition.
There's a cover (well,sort of) of this song that I like much better, sung by three lovely ladies:
Willam Belli -"Boy is A Bottom".
That blond singer is really hot, but I don't think she qualifies for your female rocker thread.
Those dark voices... Do you think...?

I love this forum as much as I love Grace Slick and JA:):)....why not?! Alicia Keys is not my cuppa either, but compared to Gaga, the ladies you mentioned up here are alright enuff for me:):):)!!!
Imageù
psychy

Postby redrabid on Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:16 pm

This evening, at dinner, my Eastern Prince lovingly reminded me of our viewing (way back in 1994/95) of that great Australian gift to the world: "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert". I played Willam Belli-"Boy Is A Bottom" for him. He loved it.
Why do I bring this up? Because "Boy" is playful, funny, it has that "Don't take this too serious"-attitude that early pop music had. And I thought, maybe all those Gaga-haters do have a point. Despite all the costumes and theatrics, Lady Gaga is far too calculating to be funny.
Lots of ABBA in that movie, by the way. Music like a fluffy cake.
Peace, Psychy?
redrabid

Postby psychy on Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:10 am

redrabid wrote:This evening, at dinner, my Eastern Prince lovingly reminded me of our viewing (way back in 1994/95) of that great Australian gift to the world: "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert". I played Willam Belli-"Boy Is A Bottom" for him. He loved it.
Why do I bring this up? Because "Boy" is playful, funny, it has that "Don't take this too serious"-attitude that early pop music had. And I thought, maybe all those Gaga-haters do have a point. Despite all the costumes and theatrics, Lady Gaga is far too calculating to be funny.
Lots of ABBA in that movie, by the way. Music like a fluffy cake.
Peace, Psychy?

Why offer peace when there was never a war on?????!:):) :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: ......no probs. As I said elsewhere, I do not like Gaga not because of her antics (r'n'r would not be alive today if there hadn't been weird attitudes by artists and singers alike!!), but because she said something very calculatingly stupid like: "My music is inspired by Led Zeppelin......" amongst other very silly affirmations!!!:). Musically speaking, this statement has flaws all over the place....I do not hear one single note that is close to any Zep tune (I don't think Zep ever released a disco crap tune in their lifetime!!!!!!!!), Gaga's music is sterile disco crap of the worst kind (like Madonna in her Material Girl period...YYYYUUUUKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!). Record sales do NOT necessarily make a good artist...that's what I think:):)!!!! Oh, I love Abba....esp Agnetha :):)!!!!
Imageù
psychy

Postby Airplane Freak on Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:46 pm

This is a Jefferson AIRPLANE forum, NOT a Jefferson Starship forum (is there such a thing?), thank heaven.
In any event, I prefer the name P.E.R.R.O. Acronyn? Whatever... :wink:
Lady Gaga is very beautiful in an unconventional sort of way, and we certainly need more of that. I have even saved at least one very striking image of her I gleaned from the internet.
Call me a dinosaur, but I have never heard so much as one note of her music, and do not really care if I do.
On the other hand, all of the notes of the Jefferson Airplane's recorded (and celestial) music have been carved into (ouch?), and are permanently lodged (home sweet home) in my DNA code.
We are all creatures of fame, lightness, and liberty!
Airplane Freak

Postby psychy on Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:20 am

Airplane Freak wrote:This is a Jefferson AIRPLANE forum, NOT a Jefferson Starship forum (is there such a thing?), thank heaven.
In any event, I prefer the name P.E.R.R.O. Acronyn? Whatever... :wink:
Lady Gaga is very beautiful in an unconventional sort of way, and we certainly need more of that. I have even saved at least one very striking image of her I gleaned from the internet.
Call me a dinosaur, but I have never heard so much as one note of her music, and do not really care if I do.
On the other hand, all of the notes of the Jefferson Airplane's recorded (and celestial) music have been carved into (ouch?), and are permanently lodged (home sweet home) in my DNA code.

I feel ya there:):). Of course Gaga is a very spunked out chick...but this reminds me of how some people ignore female singers just because they are not male, saying that it's only a question of (my generation's slang:):)), "eye candy" or "attraction gear":):). I have always battled against this male chauvinism in rock!! I feel the people who go around saying that female rock singers have no talent just because they are female are the same people who dig Gaga, while they forget she has very LITTLE talent at all and can ONLY show her 'weird beauty'. What has this got to do with Grace Slick? Simple. THE HUGE DIFF BETWEEN GRACE AND THE LIKES OF GAGA IS THAT THE FORMER HAS TALENT TO SELL AND LATTER DOES NOT...simple as that:):)
Imageù
psychy

Previous

Return to Open Forums