Hi

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Hi

Postby Uncle Professor on Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:27 pm

Hello from a total newbie to this board - tho not to fandom of the Airplane. We go waaay back to when some things were so obscure as to be still legal. Rode the "rubber band" to the Haight and back to the Midwest a couple of times in the 60s.
Guess that makes me a "tourist" to that scene according to some. Tried to chip in and be low maintenence wherever, tho.
I try to learn to play versions of their tunes that I like.
Another board that I'm on sort of spontaneously got together and put together a tribute album of covers from that singer/songwriter - I was pleased to have a track that ended up on that - heavy props to the organizer of that over in Michigan - did a great job - to misquote Joni Mitchell he was "(workin) real good for free"
Any possibility of something like that around here? ---or maybe its already a done deal - as i say - just got here

Anyway hi -
Professor Jim
Uncle Professor

Re: Hi

Postby psychy on Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:55 pm

Hey Prof....how ya doin'...man :):)!!!!
WELCOME HERE:):)
Imageù
psychy

Postby Uncle Professor on Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:29 pm

Well - doin and doin I guess - wrote a parody of "One after 909" Beatles tune all about 'see youre tryin to be the One over 99' referring to the Occupy movement - other than that workin on 'Ice Cream Phoenix' and 'Star Track' tunes off Crown of Creation - see if I can add anything original to cover versions - in my opinion, presumed jazz backgrounds of Jack and Spencer were at a peak in interpreting the perfect complement to the songs on that album in particular - i mean - bass part on 'If YOU FEEL' - Yikes!
Uncle Professor

Postby jamiehout on Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:59 pm

Hello everyone!!!!

Postby psychy on Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:42 pm

jamiehout wrote:Hello everyone!!!!
Back at ya man:):):)......KEEP THIS PLACE WeiRD :):)

psychy

Return to Open Forums