The Doors Are Back?!

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

The Doors Are Back?!

Postby Mekstat1 on Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:08 pm

:!: :shock: Did anyone else see that?! :!: i only saw 10 secounds of an ending comericial on VH1 Classics and it said "The doors are back!" and they had some guy i cound'nt reconize singing! (its was'nt Jim Morrison! it was some Old guy)

Anyone know anything about it? Got any comments on it, cause i think this is terrible!
Mekstat1

Postby Whenheco on Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:06 pm

The doors (or 50% of them) are touring for several years now under the name "The Doors of the 21th century".
That's Ray Manzarek, Robby Krieger and they got Cult singer Ian Astbury on vocals (don't know the name of the drummer, but the original Doors drummer didn't want to join them).
They have a live dvd out now called LA Woman live.
The Great! Society Really Doesn't Like You Much At All.
Whenheco

Postby BlackCladLizard on Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:16 pm

Boy are you late on this. I went to go see them twice.
BlackCladLizard

Postby Mekstat1 on Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:24 pm

50% of them?! thats stupied... thats not the doors... thats like a door knob.. thats nothing!

was the show any good?
Last edited by Mekstat1 on Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mekstat1

Postby Don Rico on Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:11 am

A couple of days ago, I read (the newspaper? Rollimg Stone maybe?) where Ray and Robby have asked COURTNEY LOVE-- and she has agreed-- to be the new vocalist for THE DOORS.

Ummm... Yeah...

I mean...

:|

Discuss amongst yerselves...
Don Rico

Postby briank on Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:24 am

50% of them?! thats stupied... thats not the doors... thats like a door knob.. thats nothing!

Ha, nicely said.
I just started reading Jim Morrison's biography- very captivating. :o
Me and a couple friends are thinking about jamming out "The End" at an open mic night.
briank

Postby Whenheco on Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:18 am

briank wrote:

Ha, nicely said.
I just started reading Jim Morrison's biography- very captivating. :o
Me and a couple friends are thinking about jamming out "The End" at an open mic night.

Which one are you reading? They're are tons of books written about The Doors (or Jim Morrison). The best book i've read abouth them is "Break On Through" by James Riordan and Jerry Prochinichy.
I sincerly hope that asking Courtney Love was a joke, that can't be good :?
The Great! Society Really Doesn't Like You Much At All.
Whenheco

Postby ceangle13 on Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:55 pm

ray manzarek needs to give it up!!!!!! The doors without Jim Morrison is like Big brother and the holding company without Janis! Whats the point? Who is so in need of money they need to pretend they are jim morrison and sing jim morrisons music? Ray do something else, your a great keyboardist but come on already!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
ceangle13

Postby Cozmosis on Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:29 am

Actually, the show isn't that bad. Th setlist is supposed to be comprised of what the LA Woman setlist would have been had there been a tour....and besides, if you're all gonna say something about The Doors w/o Morrison, then you also have to say the same about....hmmm, let's see.....Jefferson Starship, Creedence Clearwater Revisited, Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Allman Brothers Band....need I go on????
Cozmosis

Postby Guest on Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:49 am

Cozmosis wrote:Actually, the show isn't that bad. Th setlist is supposed to be comprised of what the LA Woman setlist would have been had there been a tour....and besides, if you're all gonna say something about The Doors w/o Morrison, then you also have to say the same about....hmmm, let's see.....Jefferson Starship, Creedence Clearwater Revisited, Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Allman Brothers Band....need I go on????
alright so lets say something about that.... I agree with you entirely, it is very hard to see legendary rock icons still trying to go at it after 30 years even after more than half of the band has been kicked out or died. The bands become more of a high priced cover band than remnants of the original version who still want to perform on stage. I stopped seeing The Allmans' once I heard Dickey was kicked out, I have no interest in seeing lynyrd skynyrd after half of the band died! John Fogerty needs to drop the ego-so I won't see him and last but not least... Jefferson Starship who I have seen and did enjoy except for one thing...I don't want to hear anybody other than Grace sing Graces' songs. But the one thing about Jeff Starship is it has always been a collaborative effort with various Bay area musicians contributing in music or voice or songwriting, so Jefferson Starship is just continuing what it started and picking up and dropping off different artists all the time. Now for Ray Manzarek, like I said before stop riding on the coattails of a Rock Legend and sex god and get your own gig by now. What did he do musically in the 70's, 80's and 90's after Jim died? Sounds to me he needs the money and Classic rock revival shows are always a big hit with the crowds. If The Doors had a different lead singer back in the 60's, they probably wouldn't have had the popularity or notoriety that they have achieved with Jim as writer and lead singer. Jim Morrison IS the Doors!!!!!!

Postby Steve on Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:31 am

Well, Manzarek was the Doors singer when Morrison was too wasted to perform.
Steve

Postby briank on Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:41 am

Which one are you reading?

"Nobody Here Gets Out Alive." Very cool.

Jim Morrison IS the Doors!!!!!!

Now that I think of it, that is kinda true- Morrison seemed like that type of singer that could go with the flow of any band that was could improvise and put up with his poetry and stage antics. But really, could you see him without the Doors???
briank

Postby Mekstat1 on Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:39 pm

Courtney Love?! thats stupied!! everyone hates her! ---i have never met a person who says I love courtney love... she pretty much killed Kurt and she stole the music rights from Nirvana that should of went to the Band!

:arrow: Well to be a little off topic***
a kid in my school said that she dosnt like Jimi Hendrix because he "stole the music from some guy" i laughed and said the KKK started that :roll: .. but she was serious <just tell me thats not true just so i dont have to have the same argument over and over --I have no idea where the hell she heard that
Mekstat1

Postby ceangle13 on Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:13 pm

Steve wrote:Well, Manzarek was the Doors singer when Morrison was too wasted to perform.
If manzarek was the singer when Morrison was too wasted to perform, then he should have kicked Morrison out of the band and became lead singer. But, Manzarek knew Morrison was something special and the doors would have been nothing without him- That was the whole mystic about Morrison and he knew it!!!
ceangle13

Postby ceangle13 on Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:15 pm

Mekstat1 wrote:Courtney Love?! thats stupied!! everyone hates her! ---i have never met a person who says I love courtney love... she pretty much killed Kurt and she stole the music rights from Nirvana that should of went to the Band!

:arrow: Well to be a little off topic***
a kid in my school said that she dosnt like Jimi Hendrix because he "stole the music from some guy" i laughed and said the KKK started that :roll: .. but she was serious <just tell me thats not true just so i dont have to have the same argument over and over --I have no idea where the hell she heard that
Do yourself a favor and stop reading Rolling Stone magazine-That magazine hasn't printed a decent article in 25 years! Aren't you tired of smelling cheap cologne samples?
ceangle13

Next

Return to Open Forums