Hey from a Newbie:D;)!!!

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Hey from a Newbie:D;)!!!

Postby ~Hippie_Rainchild~ on Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:23 pm

Hey,
I'm Rain :D!

Just writing this post to introduce myself to all, hehe...to say hello & whatnot :roll: :wink:. So yea, hello!

A bit about myself, (since I couldn't fit it in the WAY too small Profile "Interests" box, lol :shock:); hmm :roll: - well...I'm 16, I'm a Singer/aspiring Musician and Songwriter; I completely LOVE Music & Performing, man; (as you probably guessed, hehe) - it's my biggest passion in life! I also love Jefferson Airplane, (why I'm here, lol) :P :wink:! I love animals & nature, Reading, Writing/(Literature), Drama, Dancing/Clubbing, Urban Exploration, - (old/abandoned buildings & such), god SO much more, HAHA :P! - but most of all, I just love being w/ good friends, getting stoned & happy and just having FUN, man :roll:; (always a blast, hehe) :D.

Well, that's about it for now...I hope to meet everyone here & have fun surfing the forums; so cya around!

Peace,
~Rain :).
"Music, is your, only friend - until....the end."
~RIP Jim...you ROCK, man - then & always:)!
~Hippie_Rainchild~

Postby Guest on Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:37 pm

yea!! about that urban exploration thing, its definatley one of the coolest/funest things that a person could do. and exploration of nature is also quite a good time. Ive noticed that most everyone that is of a progressive/liberal mindset is really into exploration and travelling etc. And like how conservatives are all big on their homes and towns and shit... I guess that makes sense

Where are you from Rain?
Me, im from Minneapolis, MN

Re: Hey from a Newbie:D;)!!!

Postby psychhead on Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:30 am

:D 8) :D :twisted: :!: Hello young hippie!!! I'm always glad when the young folk express themselves on such a serious matter as music and JA!!!! 'Twas about time!!! Makes me feel that NOT ALL is lost in this universal art!!!!!
Thanx for being here!!!!

Rob :D

~Hippie_Rainchild~ wrote:Hey,
I'm Rain :D!

Just writing this post to introduce myself to all, hehe...to say hello & whatnot :roll: :wink:. So yea, hello!

A bit about myself, (since I couldn't fit it in the WAY too small Profile "Interests" box, lol :shock:); hmm :roll: - well...I'm 16, I'm a Singer/aspiring Musician and Songwriter; I completely LOVE Music & Performing, man; (as you probably guessed, hehe) - it's my biggest passion in life! I also love Jefferson Airplane, (why I'm here, lol) :P :wink:! I love animals & nature, Reading, Writing/(Literature), Drama, Dancing/Clubbing, Urban Exploration, - (old/abandoned buildings & such), god SO much more, HAHA :P! - but most of all, I just love being w/ good friends, getting stoned & happy and just having FUN, man :roll:; (always a blast, hehe) :D.

Well, that's about it for now...I hope to meet everyone here & have fun surfing the forums; so cya around!

Peace,
~Rain :).
Psychedelic music is IN with time!!
psychhead

Re: Hey from a Newbie:D;)!!!

Postby zeke on Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:36 am

~Hippie_Rainchild~ wrote:
Urban Exploration, - (old/abandoned buildings & such)

I like old buildings too but I always thought it was weird!it's the first time I hear it from someone else :)
zeke

Postby knight of ni on Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:14 am

Hey! I'm always really glad when people my age (I'm 17) post here...it makes me feel like there's some hope for our generation, musically. And I also love music, performing, and urban exploration (lots of abandoned buildings around my neighborhood.) Anyway, welcome!!
Jelly and juice and bubbles...bubbles on the floor
knight of ni

Postby Cozmosis on Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:18 am

Good morning rainchild:

Nice to meet you. Life is an addiction and death is the only methadone for it....Need to post some of your lyrics for I'm interested in what you have to say/play. Exploring the old buildings is always fun...exploring the soul can be an interesting trip too though. You're right about the interests and some other areas of this site being a little small. Still a beautiful place to hang though. Hope you enjoy.

Peace/Love:

Jason (Cozmosis)
Cozmosis

Postby jonestown on Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:34 pm

Welcome!

What other music do you like, and what do you like to perform?

I'm sending shafts of white light your way to protect you from tetanus - hope your vaccinations are up to date> :lol:
man oh man oh friend of mine
jonestown

Re. Thanx to everyone:)!!

Postby Guest on Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:31 pm

Hey all!

Just wanted to thank everyone who so warmly welcomed me to the Forums so far - that was SO sweet, hehe :D :roll:!!! So yea, a BIG thanx :) 8).

And umm, I know some ppl asked me questions, so I guess I'll answer all of them in this reply! So ok, these go out to :) -

Guest: I'm from Canada, and yes UE'ing, (Urban Exploration); is AWESOME! - I do enjoy UE'ing old buildings, but also like you mentioned....yes, UE'ing nature is also lovely :) - I LOVE nature & animals, and I always love exploring any intriguing, old areas in nature; just talking walks, etc, hehe :roll:. Actually, there's this one place in particular, (you probably wouldn't know it, seeing as your in the US); but it's in Canada, not too far from me - it's called Rouge Beach Park and it's just SO amazing, man :D!!! - I've been going there since I was little, and I still go there now...it will always hold a special place in my heart. I just LOVE going to this one spot there in particular, under this old bridge where the train still passes by! I could sit under there for HOURS, man!, just watching the water, birds, thinking, singing; doing anything really...it's so comforting :) . And it's even more special to me now, because I recently met my new boyfriend in that very spot :D :P!!! - it was SO romantic, teehee :roll:. But yea, I also love forests & willow trees - they're the best *sigh*...I believe they all have spirits...I always wonder what they're thinking, man :roll:!? When their branches blow, it's like they're speaking to eachother! Hmm, but I won't ramble-on, hehe...nice meeting you!

Psychhead: Hello, I'm glad your glad I'm here, hehe :D; (that was sweet) :roll:! But yes, I often wonder the same thing - is it all becoming lost? Ya' know, like...people like me and my mum, hehe :P :roll:! I always look around me when I'm out & about in this World, and I feel like I'm swirling in some kind of sad DAZE, man! It's weird :?, like...I look @ a lot of ppl my age, and SO many of them seem to be like "sheep", they all look the same, listen to the SAME music, "act" the same, etc! Like I go out & get all these weird looks/stares, but I feel proud - because I know I'm ME :D! But it's so sad, because it's like almost EVERYONE now is like, "following" eachother - either Organized Religion, or 'Organized', Pre-Manufactured Music that I call 'MWAM', (Music Without A Message); ie. this newfound and INSANE, (in my opinion); "Rapper" craze that I just do NOT 'get' at all! Like, I don't mean to "bash", because I believe ppl should be able to be themselves & express themselves freely, so I don't say much - but since we're sort of on the topic of "all being lost", I just have a BURNING itch to bitch, lol :P! - so yea, I don't know, I just feel like a dying breed...for example, me & my mother have always had SO much in common and been really close, etc - she's like the 'older' hippie & I'm the 'young' hippie :)! and whenever we go out together or even turn on the t.v. or something, we both feel the same way; like WHAT HAPPENED, man!? LOL, like even though I *unfortunately* wasn't around in her time, (which is one of my biggest regrets :cry:), so it seems weird for ME to be saying, "WHAT HAPPENED!?"; but I do! And I feel I can't relate to hardly ANYONE, other than my mum, (and maybe a few others on Forums like this, hehe :D)!, because of my views on life/the World, the "Government" -(don't get me started, LOL :x :shock:)!!! but even the way I dress, the music I listen to, etc...and it's so sad - like, what IS the World coming to :? :(...what happened to the days when more ppl, (apart from me, lol); were inspired by people like Grace, Jimi, Jim & Stevie & other beautiful, amazing ROCKIN' ppl w/ something to say!; were "different"/individuals, carefree - making a DIFFERENCE!? - instead of apeing/admiring these OBSCENE, violent, insipid Thugs on Rap videos, (ie. "50 Cent" or "Eminem"); who send out violent, sexist messages to anyone willing to listen; and walking around causing trouble, (in gangs, etc), and being so ANGRY :(!? I mean, am I the only one who feels this way :(!? Where's the LOVE, man!?

zeke: Hi :)! Yea, I know eh'? Hehe, I felt the same way; but it really turns-out that we "old building enthusiests" arn't a dying breed! Ya' know there's actually this website if ya' wanna' check it out man! It's called - http://www.infiltration.org ! It has some WAY cool articles by other UEer's 8) and also information on abandoned places & even some forums...check it out, I did & I was SO glad to stumble upon it, hehe :P :roll:! Only thing is....if you join the forums, beware of a few really nasty ppl, man - real meanies, I let myself be hurt by a couple of em' online, BIG mistake! - if they try to pick on you, just IGNORE, hehe :wink:; not worth your time...nice meeting you!

knight of ni: Hey, man - nice to meet you, we have so much in common :D! Yea, I know what ya' mean tho' - it's always good to know there's others like us out there, because, (well I said in my other post, so I won't start ranting again, HAHA :oops: :P)!!, but yea, it sure does seem like there isn't much hope for our generation musically alot of the time - pretty sad, man :(...oh well, maybe we can pave the way, YAY :D!

Cozmosis: Good evening Cozmosis, I LOVE your name btw, hehe :D!! Thanx for your warm words...VERY true btw & pure poetry *sigh* :roll: :wink: :)! So you're interested in reading my lyrics? Awww thanx, man; that's very sweet, hehe :)...I will post them sometime if you want, or you can PM me & I will send you some! But I actually only wrote ONE of my songs that I wrote 'down on paper', lol; (the rest are all jumbled in my head), HAHA...(bad habit of mine) :P :oops:!!! - So it may take a while :roll:, sorry bout' that, man. Hmm, I do have some poetry that I've written posted on my site if you're interested in reading any of that, hehe :) - my URL is: http://www.freewebs.com/pandorarain/ ; (~Pandora_Rain~ is my stage name, for now anyways, teehee *sigh* :D :P :roll: :wink:)!!! Well, feel free to check it out, man 8)...be well.

jonestown: Hello! I love a variety of music, hehe :)! But my MOST fave', (whether I'm just listening to or Performing), is ROCK N' ROLL, man; (especially 60's, 70's & Acid/Psychedelic Rock), hehe :D :roll: :wink:!! Like I said, I do like other music too - (Electronica/Techno/Dance, 80's New-Wave, Rock & SOME 80's Pop, Big Band/Swing/Old Love Songs - 20's, 30's, 40's & 50's; Jazz, SOME Blues, Nature Sounds/Compilations, SOME smooth R&B & Reggae, Classical & maybe the ODD Pop song & some Punk & Metal, lol!,...but not most. But my MOST fave' music is yea, 60's, 70's & Acid/Psychedelic Rock) :wink:! LOL, I know that was SUCH a long description, but I just LOVE Music so much, hehe...but yea, I guess now I'll get to the Bands I like/my faves' - and a HUGE list it is, lol :shock: :P :wink: ! -

-The Doors
-Jefferson Airplane, (of COURSE, teehee) :D :P :wink:!!
-Jimi Hendrix/The Jimi Hendrix Experience
-The Beatles
-The Mamas and the Papas
-Fleetwood Mac/and Stevie Nicks
-Pink Floyd
-The Rolling Stones
-Carole King
-Donovan
-Bert Sommer
-The Byrds
-Neil Young
-Blind Melon
-Janis Joplin
-Fifth Dimension
-KISS
-Led Zeppelin
-Lynard Skynard
-Allman Brothers Band
-Manfred Mann's Earth Band
-Guns N' Roses
-Blue Rodeo
-Culture Club/and Boy George
-YAZ
-Moby
-Bjork
-Aphex Twin
-Depeche Mode
-Billie Holiday
-Bif Naked
-Michael Jackson, (his OLDER stuff, lol)
-Free
-Air
-KITTIE
-Velvet Revolver
-Kelly Osbourne
-No Doubt/and Gwen Stefani
-Evanescence
-Hole
-Madonna
-Blondie
-Matthew Good
-Blue Man Group
-Stone Temple Pilots
and a few others, but I can't think of them off the top of my head right now & I think I have enough faves' here posted for a while, LOL :P!! So yea, anyways...thanx again to the ppl who welcomed me, (re. your replies) and yea, I hope to meet/talk to everyone & more ppl in the future! So that's it for now, I think I wrote enough, LMAO :oops: - take care ppl & ROCK ON!

Peace & love,
~Rain L :D.

Postby Mekstat1 on Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:42 pm

Gwen Stefani.. Alone, was a BIG disappointment... Her CD sucked... I cant believe a baught that...:? No Doubt was good but gwen went a little Insane.. i thought she would come out with a great CD... she got married and has a nice happy life... but insted, i got a CD filled with crap. Snapped it Right in half.
Mekstat1

Re. Thanx to everyone:)!

Postby ~Hippie_Rainchild~ on Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:48 pm

Hey all!

Just wanted to thank everyone who so warmly welcomed me to the Forums so far - that was SO sweet, hehe!!! So yea, a BIG thanx.

And umm, I know some ppl asked me questions, so I guess I'll answer all of them in this reply! So ok, these go out to -

Guest: I'm from Canada, and yes UE'ing, (Urban Exploration); is AWESOME! - I do enjoy UE'ing old buildings, but also like you mentioned....yes, UE'ing nature is also lovely - I LOVE nature & animals, and I always love exploring any intriguing, old areas in nature; just talking walks, etc, hehe. Actually, there's this one place in particular, (you probably wouldn't know it, seeing as your in the US); but it's in Canada, not too far from me - it's called Rouge Beach Park and it's just SO amazing, man!!! - I've been going there since I was little, and I still go there now...it will always hold a special place in my heart. I just LOVE going to this one spot there in particular, under this old bridge where the train still passes by! I could sit under there for HOURS, man!, just watching the water, birds, thinking, singing; doing anything really...it's so comforting. And it's even more special to me now, because I recently met my new boyfriend in that very spot!!! - it was SO romantic, teehee. But yea, I also love forests & willow trees - they're the best *sigh*...I believe they all have spirits...I always wonder what they're thinking, man!? When their branches blow, it's like they're speaking to eachother! Hmm, but I won't ramble-on, hehe...nice meeting you!

Psychhead: Hello, I'm glad your glad I'm here, hehe; (that was sweet)! But yes, I often wonder the same thing - is it all becoming lost? Ya' know, like...people like me and my mum, hehe! I always look around me when I'm out & about in this World, and I feel like I'm swirling in some kind of sad DAZE, man! It's weird, like...I look @ a lot of ppl my age, and SO many of them seem to be like "sheep", they all look the same, listen to the SAME music, "act" the same, etc! Like I go out & get all these weird looks/stares, but I feel proud - because I know I'm ME! But it's so sad, because it's like almost EVERYONE now is like, "following" eachother - either Organized Religion, or 'Organized', Pre-Manufactured Music that I call 'MWAM', (Music Without A Message); ie. this newfound and INSANE, (in my opinion); "Rapper" craze that I just do NOT 'get' at all! Like, I don't mean to "bash", because I believe ppl should be able to be themselves & express themselves freely, so I don't say much - but since we're sort of on the topic of "all being lost", I just have a BURNING itch to bitch, lol! - so yea, I don't know, I just feel like a dying breed...for example, me & my mother have always had SO much in common and been really close, etc - she's like the 'older' hippie & I'm the 'young' hippie! And whenever we go out together or even turn on the t.v. or something, we both feel the same way; like WHAT HAPPENED, man!? LOL, like even though I *unfortunately* wasn't around in her time, (which is one of my biggest regrets), so it seems weird for ME to be saying, "WHAT HAPPENED!?"; but I do! And I feel I can't relate to hardly ANYONE, other than my mum, (and maybe a few others on Forums like this, hehe)!, because of my views on life/the World, the "Government" -(don't get me started, LOL)!!! but even the way I dress, the music I listen to, etc...and it's so sad - like, what IS the World coming to...what happened to the days when more ppl, (apart from me & the odd few, lol); were inspired by people like Grace, Jimi, Jim, Stevie and so many other beautiful, amazing & ROCKIN' ppl w/ something to say!; who were "different"/individuals, carefree - making a DIFFERENCE!? - instead of apeing/admiring these OBSCENE, violent, insipid Thugs on Rap videos, (ie. "50 Cent" or "Eminem"); who send out violent, sexist messages to anyone willing to listen; and walking around causing trouble, (in gangs, etc), and being so ANGRY!? I mean, am I the only one who feels this way!? - Where's the LOVE, man!?

zeke: Hi! Yea, I know eh'? Hehe, I felt the same way; but it really turns-out that we "old building/UE enthusiests" arn't a dying breed! Ya' know there's actually this website if ya' wanna' check it out man! It's called - http://www.infiltration.org! It has some WAY cool articles by other UEer's and also information on abandoned places & even some forums...check it out, I did & I was SO glad to stumble upon it, hehe! Only thing is....if you join the forums, beware of a few really nasty ppl, man - real meanies, I let myself be hurt by a couple of em' online, BIG mistake! - if they try to pick on you, just IGNORE, hehe; they're not worth your time...nice meeting you!

knight of ni: Hey, man; great to meet you - we have so much in common! Yea, I know what ya' mean tho'; it's always good to know there's others like us out there, because, (well I said in my other post, so I won't start ranting again, HAHA)!!, but yea...it sure does seem like there isn't much hope for our generation musically alot of the time - pretty sad...oh well, hopefully we can help pave the way, man - YAY!

Cozmosis: Good evening Cozmosis, I LOVE your name btw, hehe!! Thanx for your warm words...VERY true btw & pure poetry *sigh*! So you're interested in reading my lyrics? Awww thanx, man; that's very sweet, hehe...I will post them sometime if you want, or you can PM me & I will send you some! But I actually only wrote ONE of my songs that I wrote 'down on paper', lol; (the rest are all jumbled in my head), HAHA...(bad habit of mine)!!! - So it may take a while, sorry bout' that. Hmm, I do have some poetry that I've written posted on my site if you're interested in reading any of that, hehe - my URL is: http://www.freewebs.com/pandorarain/ ; (~Pandora_Rain~ is my stage name, for now anyways, teehee *sigh*)!!! Well, feel free to check it out, man...be well.

jonestown: Hello! I really just love a variety of music, hehe! But my MOST fave', (whether I'm just listening to or Performing); is good old Rock N' Roll, man - (60's, 70's & Acid/Psychedelic Rock in particular though), hehe!! But yea, like I said; I do like other music too - (Electronica/Techno/Dance, 80's New-Wave, Rock & SOME 80's Pop, Big Band/Swing/Old Love Songs - 20's, 30's, 40's & 50's; Jazz, SOME Blues, Nature Sounds/Compilations, Disco, SOME smooth R&B & Reggae, Classical & maybe the ODD Pop song and some Punk & Metal, lol!,...but not most. But defenatily....my MOST fave' music has gotta' be, yea - 60's, 70's & Acid/Psychedelic Rock! LOL, I know that was SUCH a long description, but I just love Music SO much, hehe...but yea, I guess now I'll get to some Bands I like/my faves'; (and a HUGE list it is)!:

-The Doors
-Jefferson Airplane, (of COURSE, teehee)!!
-Jimi Hendrix/The Jimi Hendrix Experience
-The Beatles
-The Mamas and the Papas
-Fleetwood Mac/and Stevie Nicks
-Pink Floyd
-The Rolling Stones
-Carole King
-Donovan
-Bert Sommer
-The Byrds
-Neil Young
-Blind Melon
-Janis Joplin
-The Guess Who
-Grand Funk Railroad
-Bob Marley/Bob Marley & The Wailers
-Fifth Dimension
-KISS
-Led Zeppelin
-Lynard Skynard
-Allman Brothers Band
-Manfred Mann's Earth Band
-Guns N' Roses
-Blue Rodeo
-Culture Club/and Boy George
-YAZ
-Duran Duran
-Moby
-Bjork
-Aphex Twin
-Depeche Mode
-Billie Holiday
-Bif Naked
-Michael Jackson, (his OLDER stuff, lol)
-The Crash Test Dummies
-Air
-KITTIE
-Velvet Revolver
-Kelly Osbourne
-No Doubt/and Gwen Stefani
-Evanescence
-Hole
-Madonna
-Blondie
-Earth, Wind and Fire
-ABBA
-Tears For Fears
-Matthew Good
-Blue Man Group
-Stone Temple Pilots
-Kylie Minogue
-The Spice Girls
>and most likely a lot of others too, man, HAHA!; but I can't think of them off the top of my head right now & I think I have enough faves' posted here for a while, LOL!! So yea, anyways...thanx again to the ppl who welcomed me, (re. your replies) and yea, I hope to meet/talk to everyone & more ppl in the future! So that's it for now, I think I wrote enough, LMAO - take care ppl & ROCK ON!

Peace & love,
~Rain L :D.

P.S.: (Hmm, I know this message got posted already, but it seems it did so under "Guest", HAHA!! So yea, don't mind me - I'm just re-posting it under my ACTUAL Username, (had to re-login); cauz I felt like it, hehe :roll: :P, peace!!
Last edited by ~Hippie_Rainchild~ on Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Hippie_Rainchild~

Postby Don Rico on Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:37 am

Cozmosis wrote: Life is an addiction and death is the only methadone for it....

Well that sounds cute and all...

For those of us that do not speak in sound-bites and do take such statements at face value...

Can you please explain what that is supposed to mean???
Don Rico

Postby Don Rico on Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:44 am

Oh yeah...

Warmest welcomes to the new member, Hippie Rainchild!

You sound like a very groovy person and your head and heart are most definitely in the right place.

You sound so young and hopefully idealistic. Just keep on being yourself and being free. I am sure that as you grow older, you will only become wiser and cooler!

PEACE and LOVE
Don Rico

Postby psychhead on Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:03 am

8) :twisted: :!: I approve....No Doubt was quite a good band......can't say the same for Gwen solo!!

Mekstat1 wrote:Gwen Stefani.. Alone, was a BIG disappointment... Her CD sucked... I cant believe a baught that...:? No Doubt was good but gwen went a little Insane.. i thought she would come out with a great CD... she got married and has a nice happy life... but insted, i got a CD filled with crap. Snapped it Right in half.
Psychedelic music is IN with time!!
psychhead

Postby Cozmosis on Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:44 am

That wasn't meant to sound like a sound-byte or anything....it was just a thought. It really doesn't mean anything, it's whatever you want to read into it. She apparently got the point...
Cozmosis

Re. Thanx Don :)! -

Postby ~Hippie_Rainchild~ on Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:39 pm

Re. Don Rico,

thx for your warm welcome and kind words, man - no worries, I will *always* continue being myself & like you said; hopefully become groovier as I get older! I hope I end-up a lot like my mum, she's amazing; - I really look-up to her, and I hope I'm a lot like her in some ways, (ppl say I am, hehe...YAY :P :roll: :D)!, but totally, cauz' she ROCKS 8) :) :wink: !

Anyways, you seem like an awesome person too, man...so yea', thx again, take care & rock-on!

Peace and love to you, (& all),
~Rainchild :).
~Hippie_Rainchild~

Next

Return to Open Forums