Flight Log, Grunt Records, Papa John

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Flight Log, Grunt Records, Papa John

Postby thunk on Sun May 29, 2005 11:11 am

Hi Airplane heads. Why is it that RCA won't release the "Flight Log" compilation on a cd? That slapped together "Fulton Street", and in my opinion that album can't hold a candle to "Flight Log". It just has a nice, flowing song order, and that cool cover of the band that looks tattered and taped to the front. Good old Grunt rcords and our dearly departed Papa John....these are the things that made the old days of JA so great. What a unique, well read, creative group! And some of the members solo stuff is so great! I am new to this forum, but I am a longtime fan. I am 43, male, and love all of the Airplane stuff, and the good Jefferson Starship stuff. When they started with "Mickey Thomas" I lost interest though. But I did like a few songs on that "Freedom..." lp. After that I lost interest. Let's get this forum moving and partying.....it has only just begun!!!!!!!!! And yes, I believe in "Miracles"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What did you do with your bag? Mine is still hanging on the wall in my closet, dusty, torn, but still there like a flag. Tony (I thunk, and thunk)
thunk

Postby Guest on Mon May 30, 2005 7:27 am

I've been asking this question for a while now..... Lets hope we get some answers!

Postby Liquid Crystal on Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:29 pm

Good thing I kept my vinyl copy! I agree, it was a great compilation, especially since it wasn't constrained to just the pop hits, and had bits of all the splinter off-shoots of the band.

The song "Please come back" makes reference to an unreleased live album from 1976. Did it ever come out?

I don't know how many records Papa John Creach put out as solo efforts, but still have his "Inphasion" recording. What a great, unique style he added to the group.

-=LC=-
Liquid Crystal

Postby Don Rico on Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:46 pm

NOBODY is better than the GREAT Papa John Creach.

I feel BLESSED BY JAH to have been fortunate enough to have witnessed live in concert the 1992 incarnation of JEFFERSON STARSHIP featuring Paul... Jack... and the one and only PAPA JOHN...

Best shit I ever seen and that's NO LIE.
Don Rico

Postby Shadow_of_A_Doubt on Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:20 am

You know how the record Companies think. Im sure RCA in their infinate wisdom thinks that since the Worst of jefferson airplane , and 2400 Fillton have both come out as " greatest hits " albums, theres no need to release Flight Log. They always drop the ball when it comes to releasing albums.
Shadow_of_A_Doubt

Return to Open Forums