Introduction + Question - all at once!

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Introduction + Question - all at once!

Postby Baxter on Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:07 pm

Hey everyone,

I just registered on this forum, despite having visited this website for quite some time (who knows why?). Anyway, here I am!

When I was five years old I first heard Jimi Hendrix live performance of "Villanova Junction" at Woodstock - on CD. From that point, I found out about the Airplane, and from there I was introduced to psychadelic rock. I've been a fan of 60s and 70s music ever since (though mostly I prefer the stuff from the 60s). :)

When I was seeven or eight I picked up my mom's guitar, but sooner than expected, I took a break from the guitar playing a couple of years. I had other things on my mind, I suppose. But six years ago, I started playing again... and been doing it ever since (though with some time off of it at random times). I am now nineteen years old, and I still love the stuff as much as I did when I was a kid!

Enough about me ;) I finally decided to register on this forum. It seems like a really nice community, although a bit quiet at times (but I guess most forums are like that)!

Oh, right, I had a question, and I was hoping anyone of you would know! I've been playing the guitar for six years now (as said), and I know how to play most JA songs. Right now I'm trying to learn "Embryonic Journey", but it's a complex song and it's a bit fast for me yet. Anyway, I was just wondering -- as I had noticed there aren't many tabs/sheets around on the Internet -- if there is a Jefferson Airplane tabs / note book with all the songs in it (for the guitar)? It bums me out, since I want to learn every JA song on the guitar, 'cause I think there's a tab of every Hendrix song, but very few JA songs. Same goes with Quicksilver Messenger and the likes!

Have a nice weekend, fellas. :)
Baxter

Re: Introduction + Question - all at once!

Postby Baxter on Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:50 pm

Thanks man!

Oh yeah, I know those sites all too well. Without trying to come off as arrogant or smug, websites like those you linked me is a reason why I mentioned this
"I had noticed there aren't many tabs/sheets around on the Internet"
;)

But thanks for taking the effort - appreciated! Oh yeah, that version is very nice. Funny seeing Jorma in a suit, too! Um, though I'd have to admit - I love the album version from Surrealistic Pillow. Nothing comes close to it! It is absolutely spectacular from start to finish! Though that one is good too.
Baxter

Return to Open Forums