Volunteers Album Cover

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Volunteers Album Cover

Postby JPPMcStepBBlues on Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:26 am

I always wondered about this but never asked, I guess this would be the place to do it. Who is who on the cover of Volunteers? This is what I think (from left to right) Marty Balin, Grace Slick (sitting down), Jorma Kaukonen (bairds), Jack Casady, Spencer Dryden, and Paul Kantner. I could be completely wrong and I think that I am so if someone knows the right answer, please leave a message. Thanks.

Also has anyone ever noticed how it says GAS right above Marty Balin's hand on the cover, you need the vinyl to see it, there is no way you will see it one the CD cover. I can understand the little thing that says "our Great Society?" but the gas thing I never got. If anyone knows why that is there or what it is suppose to resemble, leave a message about that too, thanks.
If you were a cloud and you sailed up there,
You sail on water as blue as air;
You'd see me here in the fields and say,
"Doesn't the sky look green today?"
JPPMcStepBBlues

Postby Guest on Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:28 am

yea i was wondering that as well, I have the vinyl and always wanted to know what they ment by that. "Our great society" has a question mark around it, i think they might have wanted to like, question weather the american way of life (society) was the right way, maybe they wanted to introduce a new way of thinking, im probably way off, but i was just wondering that too.

Postby JPPMcStepBBlues on Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:06 pm

The "Our Great Society" part defiantly is there to question society, thats what the whole album does
If you were a cloud and you sailed up there,
You sail on water as blue as air;
You'd see me here in the fields and say,
"Doesn't the sky look green today?"
JPPMcStepBBlues

Postby Grace on Wed May 04, 2005 4:10 pm

JPPMcStepBBlues wrote:The "Our Great Society" part defiantly is there to question society, thats what the whole album does

of course it does *wink*
The Smashing Pumpkins
Grace

Postby Don Rico on Wed May 04, 2005 6:57 pm

Easy on the sods, mods...
Don Rico

Return to Open Forums