Bear Melt Lyrics

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Bear Melt Lyrics

Postby Bill on Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:23 am

Hi. Does anybody have the lyrics for Bear Melt , the improv jam, on bless its pointed little head?
Thanks!
-Bill
-Bill
Bill

Postby JPPMcStepBBlues on Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:59 pm

I am pretty sure that those were made up on the spot, Bear Melt used to be a jam called Thing that never had words. I think you're going to have to listen to it and write them down, hopefully you have the CD not a record. You can tell what she is saying pretty well, it shouldn't be that hard.
If you were a cloud and you sailed up there,
You sail on water as blue as air;
You'd see me here in the fields and say,
"Doesn't the sky look green today?"
JPPMcStepBBlues

Re: Bear Melt Lyrics

Postby ceangle13 on Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:20 am

Bill wrote:Hi. Does anybody have the lyrics for Bear Melt , the improv jam, on bless its pointed little head?
Thanks!
-Bill
"I SAID THERE WAS A MAN COMIN ON WITH A RED JACKET ON AND A BIG LONG BIG LONG GUN IN HIS HAND-GOT A SLEDGE HAMMER ALL I NEED IS ONE HIT-JUST ONE SLEDGE HAMMER AND ALL THE LITTLE ANIMALS IS DEAD-BUT WHY NOT KEEP THE LITTLE ANIMALS ALIVE-WHY NOT? I SAID WHY NOT? AND DON'T YOU WORRY ABOUT BEIN SENTIMENTAL HONEY THERE JUST LITTLE ANIMALS YOU WANNA KEEP ALIVE-KEEP ALIVE-KEEP ALIVE! AND GIVE IT TO YOU IN THE HEAD-GIVE IT TO ME PLEASE-GIVE IT TO YOU YEAH AND GIVE IT TO ME AWWWW. YEAH IT FEELS GOOD WHEN SOMEBODY GIVES IT TO YOU! I hope this helps, at least that is all I could remember without finding the album.
ceangle13

Postby zeke on Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:04 pm

I'm looking for "shooting star" lyrics (grace slick - welcome to the wrecking ball 1981 track 05) can you help me?I don't understand it.
zeke

Postby Box Of Rain on Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:03 pm

Really, Bear Melt's always fascinated me. I heard "Thing" before I ever heard BM, though, so it really puzzled me just when they decided to add psycho Gracie improvisations to the mix (definitely a step up, if you ask me). I heard somewhere about some other infamously bootlegged Grace improv, the "One of These Days" jam, or something like that.

I don't know all the lyrics to bear melt, but I thought it kind of interesting the beginning talks about "And along comes a tiny little animal, just nippin' a few drops from her side" and then a few months later in "Hey Frederick" she sings "There you lay, mouth wide open, animals nipping at your sides". Certainly makes me wonder what was up with Grace and nipping animals.
"War's good business, so give your sons
But I'd rather have my country die for me" ~ Grace Slick, Rejoyce 1967
Box Of Rain

Postby Don Rico on Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:49 am

Yeah, Gracie has been known to take a nip or two! :wink:
Don Rico

Return to Open Forums