white rabbit lyrics.....

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

white rabbit lyrics.....

Postby kalashnikov on Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:08 am

hi
im new to jefferson airplane and i was wondering about the meaning of the lyrics to white rabbit. i understand the basics. but whats with alice's height throughout? etc. btw would reading alice in wonderland help?
kalashnikov

Postby ceangle13 on Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:31 am

If you pick up a book or a bio on Jefferson Airplane, the one song that is sure to get explained is White Rabbit. I have read and seen interviews by Grace about this song and she wrote it strickly to give the finger to all of the establishment and elders of the time who were saying drugs were bad and you shouldn't do them. But meanwhile as a child we were read stories about a little girl walking through a fantasy land of sorts and ingesting various little things to change her mental and physical state or was it all mental! So it shouldn't be a surprise when your now grown up child starts to experiment with drugs in order to satisfy a curiousity he was force fed as a child! Alice in Wonderland was used as a basis for this song! Nobody writes songs like this anymore-- what a shame!
ceangle13

Postby Don Rico on Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:20 pm

Lewis Carroll wrote about it in the 1800's...

"Through The Looking Glass"...

Then in the 1950's Walt Disney made a cartoon movie...

"Alice In Wonderland"...

THE GREAT SOCIETY then THE JEFFERSON AIRPLANE made a song in the 1960's...

"White Rabbit"...

Take some LSD and you will get the connection...
Don Rico

Return to Open Forums