drawings??

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

drawings??

Postby SuperSlick66 on Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:16 pm

anyone else draw?
Last edited by SuperSlick66 on Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
There was a time when all the people in the village would come out just to smile.
SuperSlick66

Re: drawings??

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:14 am

Wow, great drawings! I love the one of her at Woodstock and the one of her with her hand on her head. :)

I did one of Grace, myself.

With you standing here I could tell the world what it means to love
To go on from here I can't use words, they don't say enough
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby SuperSlick66 on Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:07 am

AHH! I LOVE YOURS!! I love color! But I'm a chicken to put it in my drawings because I'm afraid of wrecking the drawing. Maybe watercolors...hmm. I might try that.

Anyway like I said I love yours! It has the mysterious side of Grace <3 with also a bit of sarcasm and happiness. It's fabulous!!!!!!! :wink: great drawing!
ImageImage
There was a time when all the people in the village would come out just to smile.
SuperSlick66

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:04 am

I just started drawing it in June 2008 one night. I saw this artwork that really inspired me, and I had been falling in love with Grace at the time, so I figured...hey, why not. I just drew the outline of her face, hair, neck and the rest all just came to me. I loved Grace at the Monterey Pop Festival at the time and had been watching the videos of the performances for days, so that's why she has on the blue headband. It's supposed to be her at Monterey. The color was just natural to me. I use tons of color when I draw anything:

About the Grace drawing, the sun represents happiness, which is how she makes me feel. The bird represent freedom and a spiritual journey, which is what she gave me. Her smile is her wonderful sarcasm and wit, which is often displayed in this wonderful smirk of a grin. And the fact that her hair is so dominant in that picture...I have no idea. I guess I love her hair. :mrgreen:
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby SuperSlick66 on Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:04 am

I can see Monterey in the drawing, I like that. It seems like you did that subconsciously then. Considering you did it naturally in your head. I need a picture most of the time. It guides me. :/

My first real drawing was I believe of Joan...and she's sticking her middle finger up. lol idk. I think Joan is the original bad ass. Maybe that's why I did that.

You do use lots of color and you use it nicely. It fits well. :D I'm taking tips. :))))

I love the symbolization in the drawing!! I sort of thought about freedom when I saw the bird but I wasn't sure if it was because I was also thinking of High Flyin' Bird too. It's neat that you can credit Grace for all she's done for you. Don't you ever want to try and meet her or have you written to her? I've written to her early this month. Nothing back, but I consider her a busy, busy woman. :D

Also is there any symbolization for the 2nd drawing? I know that it revolves around Cindy but anything special hidden messages about her in it?
ImageImage
SuperSlick66

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:14 pm

Try drawing subconsciously then. Watch a few videos of Grace or whoever it is, but instead of trying to focus on her, just sort of zone out while watching her. Then go and draw the first thing that comes to mind. I'm not an artist by any means, but when I draw, I don't think. I just am.

Do you still have the one of Joan sticking up her middle finger? I'd love to see it. :) I bet she was the original bad-ass. There are so many doubts over who was the first, but there's no doubt in my mind it wasn't anyone who was famous in the 60s.

I did write to Grace, and I actually am lucky enough to have sent her the drawing I shared and a stuffed panda I bought her. :) But no, I was informed by someone that she doesn't welcome fan-mail since she doesn't write back anymore. I'm sure she still enjoys the sentiment, though, so don't worry. :)

And Cyndi and Grace both are who I credit for helping me out so much. Both the symbolization's are relatively similar, though in Cyndi's I didn't necessarily draw anything because of symbolism, but because I wanted there. Cyndi made me happy, and made the darkness lighter for me. The colorfulness in the picture represents that...the happiness, colorfulness of life and love. She helped me out through some of the worst times in my life, and if it weren't for her, I'd have never been so open to who I am. If it weren't for Cyndi, I'd have never found Grace. I'm lucky to have both of them in my life.

Grace did help me out on a spiritual journey that Cyndi didn't necessarily provide me, though. And regardless of anything, I'll always love her for that. I really admire her.
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby SuperSlick66 on Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:15 pm

Cyndi seems like a nice person and classy too. What was it like seeing her perform? Or did you see her more than once? I couldn't imagine seeing Grace without reacting in the strangest way. My stomach would probably drop...and I'd probably burst into tears. lmao.

I don't know why but I thought I'd add this. You're lucky you love people who are still alive. Sometimes Elvis and Joan will get me a deep sadness especially when I read about their about later years. lol...agh I'm crazy.

I do have the drawing of Joannie.
I guess I did this picture subconsciously because there was no picture I modeled after it. Just my ideas. I really wanted to give her a large head though. She was such a tiny person in real life with a large head. lol I wanted to exaggerate that.

Huh...on fanmail.com some people are getting responses from Grace. Well, her autograph not letters.
http://www.fanmail.biz/76379.html The latest one is from 7/27/2010. Lucky people. I did mail her some notecards to sign. :/ But if nothing comes through I'll still be happy that I wrote to her and that gave it a go. :D
ImageImage
SuperSlick66

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:03 pm

Cyndi is nice. :) She's wonderfully colorful and I love her for it. I only saw her the one time, though.

If I ever met Grace, my reaction would be like Cyndi's. I couldn't say anything, just look at her like 0_0...Cyndi laughed when I just stared at her and had my mouth open. The first thing I thought when I met Cyndi was "OMG, she's moving!!!!" so I was pretty excited about that. With Grace, I imagine it'd be very similar.

Oh, I still feel it a bit with Grace. Grace isn't dead, but she's 70 years old, you know? She won't live forever. :( So I still get upset, but I imagine not the same way you do. Yours must be more intense than mine.

LOL, I love that drawing and what you said it symbolizes, haha. :D Very good, I like it a lot!

If they're sending it to a company, lawyer, or agent, they won't get anything personal back. I think those people usually have a collection of photos forwarded along with the name of who to address it to. If you actually mail Grace directly, I was told by her lawyer that she doesn't usually reply to fan-mail. Or maybe she just didn't like me, lol.
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby SuperSlick66 on Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:56 pm

a bit off but :mrgreen:
ImageImage
SuperSlick66

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:12 am

Aww, I like it :)
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby plasticfantastic on Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:26 am

Due to a problem with the particular computer I'm on right now, I can't post anything, but I'll do that when I can. I drew a half-decent David Bowie a few weeks ago. And a number of random designs.
Trouble in mind, lord I'm blue
But I won't be blue always
The sun's gonna shine in my door,
Shine in my back door someday
plasticfantastic

Location: Sunny California, not San Francisco though. If only...

Postby plasticfantastic on Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:08 pm

Here's my David Bowie, albeit unfinished. I've added some shading, and a bit of lettering since I took this picture of it, but this one gets the point across:
plasticfantastic

Postby Susan Butcher on Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:11 pm

Ringo Starr.

"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Postby plasticfantastic on Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:13 pm

Susan Butcher wrote:Ringo Starr.

Simply uncanny. :)
plasticfantastic

Postby SuperSlick66 on Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:57 am

OMG! These are really good!! Do you guys have more!? :mrgreen:

I have to reupload mine since the source they were on was toyed with. Grr
ImageImage
SuperSlick66

Next

Return to Open Forums