Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Re: Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose

Postby SuperSlick66 on Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:51 am

King Henry was an eating machine. :) Maybe overeating was the ground of his death. It causes a lot of other problems towards health. Yuckk, bumm-er. I feel like saying poor Henry but he was kind of an...ass.

I think I will love Queen Elizabeth! Whenever I get and finish a bio on her I'll be sure to tell you what I think. Then I won't be clueless whenever she comes up in conversations or other things in the future. :) I've always liked to read about people, so it'll be fun to have an actual reason to read about someone other than boredom.

AH HA!! I'm a step towards psychology!..lol jk. But that thought has always stuck on me ever since I thought a while and linked things together. :/ It's very simple but it took me a while to figure out that hate came from fear. lol, when i did realize it, it was a magical moment for me.

I feel you on Mein Kampf. Awful book.
ImageImage
There was a time when all the people in the village would come out just to smile.
SuperSlick66

Postby nicktecky on Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:24 am

C'mon guys, give poor old Henry a break!

I'll just say without Henry there would have been no Elvis, so there!

Just for fun one of those history connections games, what do you reckon?
nicktecky

Postby Susan Butcher on Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:11 am

Henry and Elvis... peas in a pod! :lol:

I tell people I love the Queen. I was a middle class kid, and I thought of her as a kind of uber-Mum. But really I'm in love with the head on the stamps.
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:01 pm

LOL, Elvis and Henry. :lol: BFFL, right? xD

SuperSlick66 wrote:King Henry was an eating machine. :) Maybe overeating was the ground of his death. It causes a lot of other problems towards health. Yuckk, bumm-er. I feel like saying poor Henry but he was kind of an...ass.

I think I will love Queen Elizabeth! Whenever I get and finish a bio on her I'll be sure to tell you what I think. Then I won't be clueless whenever she comes up in conversations or other things in the future. :) I've always liked to read about people, so it'll be fun to have an actual reason to read about someone other than boredom.

AH HA!! I'm a step towards psychology!..lol jk. But that thought has always stuck on me ever since I thought a while and linked things together. :/ It's very simple but it took me a while to figure out that hate came from fear. lol, when i did realize it, it was a magical moment for me.

I feel you on Mein Kampf. Awful book.

He was! What most people eat in 1 year he ate in 1 week. :lol: He was a major asshat. But he did serve a purpose, I suppose. Elizabeth I defeated the Spanish armada, so that's good. I wonder how different England would be now if they never defeated them...

Yeah, tell me what you think of her. I think she's amazing. And obviously gorgeous...

I love reading about her life. :) I really respect her.

You are 1 step closer to being a psychologist. haha. But really, psychology is honestly more about common sense* more than anything. Just observe the world around you in a more logical manner...that's pretty much all it is. Though Carl Jung is pretty fantastic. I love his ideas, they're fascinating to me.

* Common sense isn't so common. It's very true.
With you standing here I could tell the world what it means to love
To go on from here I can't use words, they don't say enough
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby SuperSlick66 on Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:32 pm

I don't think I've ever heard the word asshat before. lol I like it. I think Queen Elizabeth II had really gorgeous eyes!! :D

I guess I know more about psychology than I thought then, because I always sit on thoughts til they make the most sense to me. :D Except somethings don't have an answer. I think I heard about Carl Jung. He sounds familiar.
ImageImage
There was a time when all the people in the village would come out just to smile.
SuperSlick66

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:19 pm

Most people do know a lot of the psychologists, I would think. Yeah, most psychology is just a more scientific form of philosophy, I think. You help people, find out how they tick, feel, love, hate, fear, all of those things. It's quite an interesting thing to discover.

QEII does have beautiful eyes. And a very beautiful smile.
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby Susan Butcher on Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:10 pm

I think Liz was a fairly plain woman who was made up to look like a film star in her portraits. Have you seen any of the paintings? The "Empress of Hong Kong" is wow! She even looks slightly Chinese in this one.

As for Elizabeth 1, I wonder how she felt about her Dad killing her Mum for allegedly fucking her brother?
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:28 pm

Oh yeah, definitely. She's not a raving beauty by any means, but she is rather pretty regardless. I think she has beautiful eyes and gorgeous smile, though. I've seen some paintings, but I don't remember the names of them. And at the moment I can't find the one you're talking about. But yeah, in paintings...they're never really accurate. There are so many different versions of one person, like Anne Boleyn, that it's hard to tell what they really looked like.

I'm sure that was a picnic for QEI. Especially with all the rumors there are about Anne.
PsychedelicRabbit

Previous

Return to Open Forums