Jefferson Airplane

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Jefferson Airplane

Postby VolunteerofAmerica on Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:49 pm

Grace Slick and the rest of the gang
I am a 16 year old from Palmyra Pennsylvania (just a few kicks away from Heshey the chocolate place). It was only a few weeks ago that I found my moms old tapes and 8 tracks and I happened to find Great Society....GREAT STUFF.Then I happened to trace my fingers across this one tape that said Jefferson Airplane first song on it was Volunteers man oh man was i just thrown into some random thought. It kind of depicted a image in my head of what the streets of SanFran looked like in the 1970's...
I just wanted to say rember kids and children of all ages:
Heroes will be rembered but
LEGENDS NEVER DIE!!!!!!
Justin Dwyer As of March,6 2005 your most recent fan
[/b]
VolunteerofAmerica

Postby knight of ni on Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:57 pm

Welcome!

Wow...it's really exciting to find someone our age (I'm 17) who knows anything about the Great Society! I'm a big fan of theirs. You've got good taste in music :)
Jelly and juice and bubbles...bubbles on the floor
knight of ni

Postby Shadow_of_A_Doubt on Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:59 am

Its awsome you both are into this music nearly 40 years after it was recorded. Its up to you both to keep it alive and known. Without younger people knowing JA and other bands of their time, they will fade into oblivian. Im going on 35 , so keep the faith
Shadow_of_A_Doubt

New Heads

Postby noelpne on Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:47 pm

It just gos to show that Good Music does not date...dig more!
noelpne

Postby jimihendrix on Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:07 pm

yeah:P lol.. im 13 years so i was almost at woodstock when jimihendrix where there.. :wink: anyway i started to liten to this 60's when i was 11 :shock:..haha..
jimihendrix

Postby moonshadow on Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:34 am

I just recently discovered my moms old records, and the music just keeps on running through my head in school. I can't even begin to imagine how amazing it would have been to live in that era. I have a friend from camp, who totally believes that she was born about 30 years ahead of when she was ment to. She so wants to be part of that amazing culture. I guess Circle Pines is as close as we can get to it now though.
"A hero is someone who gives their lives to something bigger then themselves"
-unknown
moonshadow

Return to Open Forums