Dreams full of Grace

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Dreams full of Grace

Postby redrabid on Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:43 pm

This morning I woke up with a big smile. I'm not much of a dreamer, I usually have only vague memories that I was dreaming, but most of the time I don't even remember what about. But tonight I was so lucky to remember my dream clearly: I dreamed I witnessed the first showing of the video of an unreleased, long forgotten solo album by Grace Slick called "In The Beginning Is Truth". The music was in the vein of the first side of "Manhole", but much darker orchestrated. It made an overwhelming impression on my dreaming self. The last chorus of "In The Beginning" featured a scorching guitarsolo by Jorma as well as backing vocals by Crosby and Nash. The video was shot in the medieval parts of the town of my birth ( in the beginning, right?), hardly recognizable by the psychedelic effects.
Such joy!
I made you jealous, didn't I?
redrabid

Re: Dreams full of Grace

Postby okeedoe on Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:29 pm

An inspiring dream indeed.
Have you memorized the music? If you have, could you write it down ?
okeedoe

Postby redrabid on Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:29 pm

No, I can't. If I could I would release an album "Slick By Dreams".
This morning, immediately after waking up, I could sing the chorus of "In The Beginning", but before I could record it somehow, I was fully awake and the song sunk into my subconcious. Though it seems to break through the surface again every now and then. Another, unnamed song left a memory of a slow melody, not unlike "Rejoyce", arranged with cello's and horns playing long, mournful notes.
redrabid

Postby oldblue on Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:46 pm

maybe you were hearing seastones which included the following:

Ned Lagin – piano, percussion, computers, synthesizers, keyboards
Phil Lesh – bass
Jerry Garcia – electric guitar, vocals
David Crosby – vocals, 12-string guitar
Grace Slick – vocals
David Freiberg – vocals
Mickey Hart – gongs
Spencer Dryden – cymbals

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_7St4jD20p0o/R ... stones.jpg
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." — George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)
oldblue

Postby Susan Butcher on Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:01 am

Odd you should mention that RR, because last night I dreamt something that sounded like an early Airplane song. It's really hard to bring back music from dreams. I've never managed it, just lyrics.
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Return to Open Forums