Now I'm 64!

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Now I'm 64!

Postby davesixties on Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:16 am

It's never too old to dig rock 'n' roll. You better believe it. I'm 64 now and I don't know where the time has gone. But this I do know - the music of the Sixties - Jefferson Airplane very much included - hasn't been bettered over the years.
Sure, there's been some cool stuff around, but not in the high-octane, tingles down the spine way that the Sixties groups and singers engendered.
When I flick through my music collection - still creaking with loads of old vinyl vie-ing for space with the cds - I find myself more times than not selecting the Oldies, the likes of Airplane, of course, The Who, The Rolling Stones, The Byrds, Buffalo Springfield, Creedence Clearwater Revival, get the drift.
I love all that stuff...and it's great to see so many younger music lovers do too.

Re: Now I'm 64!

Postby plasticfantastic on Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:25 pm

It's rather lonely at times liking music no one near my age has heard of (present forum-goers excepted), but nevertheless quite worth it.

Airplane, Janis Joplin, Cream, Jimi Hendrix, The Dead, QMS-- maybe obscure for my generation, but they're gems.

And happy birthday!
Trouble in mind, lord I'm blue
But I won't be blue always
The sun's gonna shine in my door,
Shine in my back door someday
Location: Sunny California, not San Francisco though. If only...

Return to Open Forums