Second life

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Second life

Postby redrabid on Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:21 pm

Nothing lasts forever. Not even death on the web. Without any God-like qualities I have risen from the grave and I will enjoy a second life. It was a silly way to die, not by a conscious act of censorship ( against which I could unleash my wrath), but by accident, because my word was taken for an ad. How humiliating.
But my words didn't make it across the border of death. All my writings are lost. But my memory of my past life is still vivid, so once more I will write down my truth.

I really loved visiting this forum and I was very pleased with my "JA What If Game", a topic that I started a few month ago. It proved to be a good place to exchange views and ideas about our common love JA. But by the accidental removal of my posts it looks now devastated. It lacks cohesion. Some of your posted answers make no sense anymore. My introduction of the game and its rules are no longer there. But I will try to reconstruct this topic, though it will always look scarred I am afraid. I hope that those, who participated in this game will support me in this reconstruction.
Look out for my new posts in the topic "The Jefferson Airplane What If Game".
redrabid

Re: Second life

Postby EmbryonicRabbit68 on Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:25 pm

We will help you rebuild.That shows how f***ed computers are.Ive lost hundreds of my own songs, rare downloaded albums, concerts, Airplane What If albums, games, letters, ect all because of little glitches and mistakes.

In my very short time on the forum so far, ive learned its sorta like a band.You take out someones posts...you take out a whole member.Imagine the whole Airplane discography missing Marty or Paul, or Jorma or Jack, or Spencer or Grace...and lost forever...thats a sick thought.
Hide, Witch, Hide!
The Good Folks come to Burn Thee
Their Keen Enjoyment hid Behind
The Gothic Mask of Duty!
EmbryonicRabbit68

Postby Susan Butcher on Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:15 pm

I suppose if you're really pleased with a thread you could save it yourself as you go. I've decided not to bother. It's too much like office work. Almost all this Internet stuff is going to disappear into the ether like early television. Except this time there won't be obsessive-compulsive aliens with big aerials recording it.
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Postby EmbryonicRabbit68 on Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:01 am

Yeah...but these are actually more like conversations.And most people dont or care to remember EVERY conversation they have ever had.My last conversation was an hour ago, and i cant remember it.Nope, no computer documenting that.Damn commies... :shock:
Hide, Witch, Hide!
The Good Folks come to Burn Thee
Their Keen Enjoyment hid Behind
The Gothic Mask of Duty!
EmbryonicRabbit68

Postby jimmie ray on Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:10 pm

I noticed the "JA what if game" thread looks like it was started by me, saying I didn't mind them disbanding - that could be taken oddly?
It's good times now - I can see the light!
jimmie ray

Return to Open Forums