Question about LSD, for those who used it in the 60s

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Re: Question about LSD, for those who used it in the 60s

Postby Susan Butcher on Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:15 pm

I know people who think if they meditate a lot the world at large will be transformed in a positive way. I think that's naive. I've noticed some strange things happening in my vicinity, but that's all.

I think there's something outside the box, CD, but I don't think it's sinister. Alan Watts called it the Ground of Being.
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Postby SuperSlick66 on Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:05 pm

Elvis's Acid Trip. Although he'd been fascinated by the appearance of the new, then-legal drug LSD, and had already used the Memphis Mafia as guinea pigs in a controlled "trip" that summer, it wasn't until December 28, 1965 that Elvis decided to take the plunge, along with Priscilla. Since the King was averse to most illegal drugs and not much of a drinker, the possibilities appealed to him... especially since he was on a spiritual journey at the time, the kind of thing that acid was supposed to aid. ;)

thought I'd add this for some reason... :mrgreen:
ImageImage
There was a time when all the people in the village would come out just to smile.
SuperSlick66

Postby Susan Butcher on Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:40 pm

What was the outcome? Did it do any good?
Susan Butcher

Postby SuperSlick66 on Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:25 am

lmao. I believe Elvis, Cilla and his friend Jerry were all in separate corners until they got hungry and ordered pizza. I can't remember much of it though. I read it in a book called Me and a Guy Named Elvis. Very interesting though. But Elvis never did it again.
ImageImage
There was a time when all the people in the village would come out just to smile.
SuperSlick66

Postby usedtobebabson on Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:06 am

Think it helps a lot when taking LSD that you have peers who share your trips. I must have tripped alone, but can't recall. Then it helps if you and your peers are trippin and you have a whole counter-culture taking LSD also. Thinking that that kind of support makes for better tripping.
I think we are better people for all the tripping. Our minds were opened, and it became obvious that a new and different world exists, sooo much better than the one handed to us by society, the government, and the rich, independent religious institutions, and the status quo. But as we learned, getting to the greener grass in real life meant wading through the mud. Basically we said "NO". Crewcuts replaced with long hair, and for the first time in history, a youth that questioned, challenged, and united against, an unjust war and military draft.
I think we pursued "love" in all its different forms, new and exciting forms, a lot more than we had done before the peace oriented personality changes from trippin. That in itself, can only make a better world, and make something like a counter-culture happen, and stay around for a while. So we got the edge off traditional love, and opened up more fulfilling avenues. We broke the sexual fear mold. We forgot about brawling. We not only talked the talk on peace, we walked the walk. We all got to live in a much better world for a little while by collectively mass breaking of a lot of laws, without hurting or imposing on anyone else's freedom or well-being.
Where have all the young men gone? Long time passing
Where have all the young men gone? Long time ago
Where have all the young men gone? Gone for soldiers every one
When will they ever learn? When will they ever learn?
usedtobebabson

Postby oldblue on Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:41 pm

Ah yes, LSD-25. Vitamin L. The breakfast of champions. this discussion reminds me of the 3-week period when i sampled the nectar everyday back in 1967 or was it 1969. Oh well, it doesn't really matter because time has been so transformed that at times it ceases to exist as when up against the einstenian limit. it's sort of like when bob dylan wrote "On the slow train time does not interfere and at the Arabian crossing waits White Heap, the man from the newspaper and the hundred inevitables." You know when i read that it was like i had been shot in the forehead with a perfectly cut diamond so great was the illumination of revelation I experienced. Blinding. So pay attention to blake when he says you ought:

To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.

He knows whereof he speaks and disregards the limits of relativity in doing so. So anyway in closing god bless fellini for reminding us that describing lsd to someone who had never taken it was like talking about sex to a man with no penis. he may have been the wisest of all.

and remember jack kerouac hated hippies ("hello god, this is kerouac"). and always take your vitamins like your mama told you. preferably flintstones
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." — George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)
oldblue

Postby Susan Butcher on Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:36 pm

Flintstones vitamins?! Is that where you hid yours, you fiend? Have you never heard of "keep out of the reach of children"? Watch it, or I'll send Tufty the Safety Squirrel to get you! :wink:

Blake's great. I never got any great illumination off Dylan, just a heaps of laughs. That's nearly as good.
Susan Butcher

Postby oldblue on Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:10 am

Susan Butcher wrote:Flintstones vitamins?! Is that where you hid yours, you fiend? Have you never heard of "keep out of the reach of children"? Watch it, or I'll send Tufty the Safety Squirrel to get you! :wink:

Blake's great. I never got any great illumination off Dylan, just a heaps of laughs. That's nearly as good.

Once in awhile you get shown the light
In the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Believe what you want
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." — George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)
oldblue

Previous

Return to Open Forums