Favorite Animal

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Re: Favorite Animal

Postby Susan Butcher on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:12 pm

This thread got a bit swamped with CD's sewerage, didn't it? Sorry, OKD, I think I meant to say "Rats are bit like our mammalian ancestors, and that's one reason I'm fond of them."
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Postby plasticfantastic on Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:28 pm

Well, hopefully bringing back this topic more productively, I like bats.

I don't really know why, but they're very cool-looking, and screech at impossible high pitches, and use them so that they can hear (using the echos). And of course there is the non-sparkly vampire/Dracula stigma, which I completely go for, as the sparkly vampires are just lame. In fact, it was wrong of me to dignify them by calling them "vampires"... So sorry to my fellow Twilight haters on this forum, as I'm sure there are quite a few.

That was a massive tangent. Anyway, I love bats. And I also like ostriches, alpacas, and other similarly awkward animals.
Trouble in mind, lord I'm blue
But I won't be blue always
The sun's gonna shine in my door,
Shine in my back door someday
plasticfantastic

Location: Sunny California, not San Francisco though. If only...

Postby Susan Butcher on Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:23 pm

Bats are disliked because they fall between categories. They're not birds or rodents, but seem a bit of both, and to some that's extremely creepy. There was a campaign to exterminate Melbourne's bat population about ten years ago, but it came to nothing, fortunately. They should have been pround of the bats; after all, the city was founded by Mr John Batman.
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Previous

Return to Open Forums