Illusions

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Illusions

Postby okeedoe on Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:35 am

Have you ever pursued the illusions of your own thoughts,feelings,ideas and Ideals in order not just to avoid facing the reality or the truth but to enrich the grays of reality and make it better for those you love.If you have,have you been obtrude doing that?I had so many illusions during my troublesome life. I was overwhelmed with them.Illusions has been like a driving fuel ,to me. Thay all have been shattered one by one as I was crushing the walls of life with my own head.Now I have no illusions.I feel like don Quixotte without a windmill.Only one has left. It is my first and the oldest one and it keeps lying to me that sex and love are unseparable unit(as Grace once said).I shall never give up on it and I couldn't get rid of it if I wanted to.So,friends,any interesting illusion to share? (Illusions from the childhood doesn't count.)

Was it just my illusion that I would draw your attention with this topic?
Last edited by okeedoe on Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
okeedoe

Re: Illusions

Postby Susan Butcher on Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:42 am

Do you mean by illusion something that you have decided to believe for some reason? Because a lot of things I believe can't be demonstrated to be true, but that doesn't matter because they have value for me. For example, the idea that random events are connected in a way that is normally beyond our perception can be useful to an artist. Magical thinking, the belief that the flow of events is influenced by consciousness, is quite entertaining if you don't take it too seriously and wind up thinking you're God. Well, you are, but it's best to be careful who you tell. (Whoops!)
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Postby okeedoe on Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:14 am

SUSAN BUTCHER!! :D :D :)

Do we choose illusions or they choose us.Everyone is prone to certain illusions in accordance with their genes,inteligence,spirituality and circumstances and experiences of life.I believe that everything is connected and the vast majority of it is beyond our poor perception.We only have a pale anticipation and weak flair of order of things in the world we live in.Maybe,there are no facts, only interpretations,so, our imagination and natural curiosity stimulate us to keep asking ourselves and seek for answers.The point is in questions,answers are less important.That's what makes us move forward.That is where you artists jump in.You spur us on to think.Many things proven to be exact were considered as illusions at first.Less important for me is where the reality starts and imagination begins-reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one,as Einstein used to say.If certain things have value for you they are nothing but true.I love you for such thinking.Yes,flow of events can be influenced by consciousness.That was proven 2800 years ago.
Everyone of us is God ,because when you die the whole world dies with you.I know you understand what I mean.
Oh boy,am I glad you are here again, my dear Susan?You are my little illusion.
Last edited by okeedoe on Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
okeedoe

Postby okeedoe on Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:51 pm

To work for the police!? :shock: Now I see you more clearly,the illusion is gone. :( You pig.Schweinhund. :x
Grace has never liked the police,remember that. :lol:

Sorry,I couldn't resist.It is stronger than me. :wink:

ps
I understood your disappointment in God from the beginning and I am with you on that.
Apparently God/god is not what we would like him to be.
okeedoe

Postby okeedoe on Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:37 pm

OK,then.It is all right. 8)
okeedoe

Postby okeedoe on Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:17 pm

I like dirty Harry,too.
okeedoe

Postby okeedoe on Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:08 pm

Like a phantom in the night..brandishing his rapier wit...Railing against THE DARK....THE DESTINY STRIKES...and then all is quiet.
okeedoe

Postby Susan Butcher on Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:56 pm

Believing that evil can be destroyed is an illusion fraught with peril. It can turn policemen into criminals, for a start. Finally it leads to witchhunts and war. Even the idea that the world can be divided into "good" and "evil" is problematic; this is an illusion that forms the basis for several religions.
Susan Butcher

Postby okeedoe on Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:43 am

Nicely said and very true.Dualistic religions and ideologies are potencialy very dangerous.They produce purblind fanatics which are easy to manipulate with.

Do you have any broken illusion to spare,Susan?An illusion that you don't need anymore. We could help each other,that illusion and I.I would give it a new life and it would give me a new boost.It doesn't have to be anything big and dramatic,just an small and serene illusion.Thank you,S.

(You may think up a brand new illusion for me ,if you like)
okeedoe

Postby okeedoe on Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:49 pm

I know about Maurits Cornelis Escher .He was a remarkable graphic artist.
Thanx for the link.Sehr gut.
okeedoe

Postby Susan Butcher on Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:52 pm

You try to make the world perfect, and what do you get? A big pile of bones. On the other hand, if it hadn't been for Adolf's bloody-mindedness my mother and father wouldn't have met. I can see the strings, and there's some nasty stuff tangled up there.

I'll see if I can find a spare illusion for you, OKD.
Susan Butcher

Postby okeedoe on Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:43 am

Adolf had only one testicle.He had lost the other one during the wwI, before he was decorated with Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse (Iron Cross 1st Class ) for bravery.If he had had the whole set during the wwII, God knows what could have happened .Maybe it was the God's hand that took one of his family jewels.But never mind the fuhrer's balls,I think that history and nature always do the right thing,regardless of our moral illusions.Maybe, dialectics and metaphysics work together.World is a precisely arranged paradox,anyway.
(Maybe I will tell you something about misterious strings that plucked me in the past weeks)
Last edited by okeedoe on Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
okeedoe

Postby okeedoe on Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:31 am

Everything happens as it should .Don't you know that?
okeedoe

Postby Susan Butcher on Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:31 pm

Tim Leary once said, "The Universe is perfect!" (Which is probably true as far as it goes.) But perhaps all possibilities occur, and we can only see the world that got tangled in our process of self-creation. Mine might be different from yours, OKD, but I can only communicate with the version of you that got tangled in my world. There, I said I'd find you one of my old illusions. Try it on for size. A word of warning; it can lead to psychotic depression in some cases.
Susan Butcher

Postby okeedoe on Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:18 am

In my ''parallel'' world, from it's genesis we created an unseparable entity,you and I.Your essence is omnipresent in my nucleus.You change only your name from time to time, but it is always you from the beginning.When my body die,we shall step into the next and final stage of the process of self-creation.There is no antinomy of creation there,dear Susan.
(No worries,Susie.Tis cool.) :wink: :)
As for my 3-dimensional world,take a look at my avatar.
Last edited by okeedoe on Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
okeedoe

Next

Return to Open Forums