How Barack became President of the US

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Re: How Barack became President of the US

Postby redrabid on Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:44 pm

OK, four more years.
Unless of course, Donald Trump succeeds in his coup d'etat.
redrabid

Postby okeedoe on Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:41 am

Then I wish I was in Dixie, hooray! hooray!

To arms! To arms! To arms, in Dixie!
okeedoe

Postby Susan Butcher on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:41 pm

I was hanging up the washing, and I found out when the lady next door ran out of her house and shouted the news to her husband. It's nice to know I don't need a TV or computer for everything, but it's a pity the U.S. election should be so important to Australia.
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Postby psychy on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:17 am

Susan Butcher wrote:I was hanging up the washing, and I found out when the lady next door ran out of her house and shouted the news to her husband. It's nice to know I don't need a TV or computer for everything, but it's a pity the U.S. election should be so important to Australia.

Hi Susan:). Whatever happens in the good 'ol U.S. of A. is a happening in OZ:). We listen to American music, bands, news, read American mags, etc. It has always been that way since OZ parted ways with mother England esp after WWII. There's a pact between the U.S. and Australia 2:):):)
Imageù
psychy

Postby Susan Butcher on Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:07 pm

True. The other side of it is, we get miffed when we find out they don't give a hoot about us!
Susan Butcher

Postby psychy on Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:46 am

Susan Butcher wrote:True. The other side of it is, we get miffed when we find out they don't give a hoot about us!

True, sometimes they don't:):)!!! But if it wasn't for the USA in the Pacific during WWII, we might just be speaking Japanese and bowing down to the Japanese monarchy today (let alone speaking Italian and German to boot:):))!!!! My family will always thank the USA for eliminating the RIGHT-WING SCUM that spread across Europe in that tragic period (the SAME RIGHT-WING SCUM that is trying to get revenge nowadays in Greece, Italy, Germany, Russia, Romania, etc. ....thanx to culprits like Thatcher and Reagan!!!:)
Imageù
psychy

Postby Susan Butcher on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:01 am

Yes, but no thanks for dragging us into every perishing war since! It makes me wonder if we're not somewhat afraid of our big friend.
Susan Butcher

Postby psychy on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:56 am

Susan Butcher wrote:Yes, but no thanks for dragging us into every perishing war since! It makes me wonder if we're not somewhat afraid of our big friend.

If you're trying to say that the various post-war pacts between us and the U.S.A. were signed out of fear of the latter, I shouldn't think so. The sickest war they dragged us into was Nam of course and I was in the front line in the roaring 70s against Australia's participation. Then came Bosch (ooops sorry, Bu$$H)(Reagan's Con heir) who started the bloodiest conflict ever, after WWII, by invading Iraq in the first Gulf War......the rest is modern history:(:(.
Imageù
psychy

Previous

Return to Open Forums