Some people bum me out..

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Re: Some people bum me out..

Postby SlicklyDickly on Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:59 pm

Ah there you are! I'm going through your impressive Grace Slick photo album!
SlicklyDickly

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:02 pm

I really don't like myself. (edited post)
Last edited by PsychedelicRabbit on Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
With you standing here I could tell the world what it means to love
To go on from here I can't use words, they don't say enough
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby SlicklyDickly on Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:07 pm

LOL - not sir. I love these pics! A lot of them I haven't seen! There are some pics that just make me melt too! I love that classic Herb Green one with the cig. I love her eyes in that one.
SlicklyDickly

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:11 pm

Last edited by PsychedelicRabbit on Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby SlicklyDickly on Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:25 pm

So COULD you ever meet her? I mean, could you hold it together? what would you say? What would you talk about?
SlicklyDickly

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:40 pm

Last edited by PsychedelicRabbit on Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby graceslick on Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:08 am

:shock:

I'm glad I was asleep when all of those posts were going on!! lol

Hopefully things have settled a bit.
graceslick

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:33 am

Last edited by PsychedelicRabbit on Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby graceslick on Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:07 am

Yepperoo, love is beautiful when it's deep and true.

I am so tired. I just had a shower and am overheated. My brain is warm and soggy. Apologies for the weirdness of this post. Heheheheheh.
graceslick

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:18 am

PsychedelicRabbit

Postby graceslick on Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:19 pm

I hear ya.

You know what? I was thinking as I was brushing my teeth last night (I get bored doing this and my mind tends to wander) that I think the reason people can’t understand how you really feel about Grace is because for most people it’s a bit like me.

Like…when I was 20 years old I was completely obsessed with Kate Bush. (have you heard of her? 70s and 80s English singer? She appears kinda weird but is actually really nice and normal. People like Tori Amos say she inspired them and stuff) and this lasted until I was about 26, when slowly the obsession began to wane and Stevie Nicks took over. I was totally obsessed with her for years. It was easier in a way to be obsessed with Stevie as opposed to Kate because Kate hadn’t released any new albums and didn’t do anything like tour or do many interviews and stuff, so there wasn’t a lot to “feed” my obsession. But Stevie came here twice in the time I was obsessed. We saw Fleetwood Mac live in 2004 in Brisbane and then Stevie came out for her solo tour in 2006 and we saw her twice then. AMAZING. I still love her SO much, but it’s less of an obsession now. She’s sort of my second best person apart from Grace. Grace is now my obsession.

But you know what, when I first began to feel this for Grace, in April 2007, I fully expected it not to last that long. I was still obsessed with Stevie and was longing for her to come back so I could re-live my “Stevie week” of the year before when she was here in concert. (I took the whole week off work cause her Brisbane concert was on Monday and we went up there during the day and then stayed overnight and went to the fantastic concert, and then went back home the next day, and then on the Wednesday she did the second concert we went to, which was only a 10 minute walk away from our house, so we went for dinner, then we were early so sat on the boardwalk on the beach and stared at the stars and the dark ocean, and then wandered over to the concert hall place and the concert was even more amazing than it was the other night, and then we waited outside the hall for 40 minutes after to try and see her. There were a few others there waiting with us, and she did come out but didn’t stop. She waved and blew kisses as she walked out and then into the car waiting, and kept waving and kissing as they drove her away. Ah, magical. Lol. I didn’t want to spoil my Stevie-ness by going to work the next day and it seemed pointless to go just for Friday, so I had the whole week off. After the concert I was so emotional and overwhelmed I was crying.)

Anyway! So when Grace came on the scene last year, I for some reason thought she’d just be a temporary thing and Stevie would return. But no. As I said, I love Stevie and always will, but Grace is it.

However, for me, I am sort of aware that at some stage in the coming years my obsession for Grace may wane too, and someone else will replace her. Or my love for Stevie will rise again to the top and Grace will be second. You know? This is me. I accept it.

And I think most people may feel this way too, and so can’t understand that you are different.

God, I’ve babbled on about nothing, haven’t I!? Lol

CD, I wanted to say thank you so much for all the photos you’ve been sending to me of Grace. I realised this morning (as I was brushing my teeth actually) that I hadn’t said thank you or anything! So thank you for that. I love them.
graceslick

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:29 pm

Last edited by PsychedelicRabbit on Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby graceslick on Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:59 pm

Well, because they see it as a phase, more of an obsession than a true and long-lasting and “proper” love. Obsessions are fleeting (even if they last for several years), they’re more superficial even if the person doesn’t know it at the time, and they’re not really based in anything real. Like, in my case, yeah I’m obsessed with Grace. I feel love for her, and I do think that is true but that’s where I differ slightly to other people who become obsessed with people. Even if I move on from Grace, which I do expect to do at some point in the future, I will always have love for her. But she won’t be the focus of so many of my thoughts and stuff. Like Kate Bush and Stevie Nicks have become.

So you know, if I was going around saying to people that I loved Grace and blah, they’d probably assume it’d decrease in time as someone else “replaced” her, you know? And they’d probably be right. I’m just saying that people probably feel the same about you, even though in your case it’s not true, you know?
graceslick

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:08 pm

Last edited by PsychedelicRabbit on Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby graceslick on Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:16 pm

No, no! I’m saying that other people would assume that your feelings are an obsession, not love. And this is why they can’t understand cause THEY themselves would only be able to relate to feelings of obsession, not love. That’s what I’m trying (and failing) to say! lol
graceslick

PreviousNext

Return to Open Forums