Some people bum me out..

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Re: Some people bum me out..

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:17 am

I really don't like myself that much. (edited post)
Last edited by PsychedelicRabbit on Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
With you standing here I could tell the world what it means to love
To go on from here I can't use words, they don't say enough
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby graceslick on Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:11 am

Have you read any of my blogs yet? If so, do you find them weird? I've been told they're quite aggressive and like Jerry Seinfeld with ADHD, but I dunno. lol

I've put 2 comments on your blog...some of the posts are old though.
graceslick

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:31 pm

Last edited by PsychedelicRabbit on Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby Susan Butcher on Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:21 pm

I don't see why calling someone old should be an insult. I suppose no-one believes that stuff about "older and wiser" anymore. Want to know what's hot and what's not? Ask an eight-year-old!
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:06 pm

Last edited by PsychedelicRabbit on Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby graceslick on Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:14 am

Do you wonder if maybe people feel almost “allowed” to speak this way about Grace because SHE speaks that way about herself? I actually don’t think this because to me, the people who know enough about Grace to even be aware she speaks about herself in that way, they wouldn’t be rude about her. It’s the people who are ignorant and know nothing of her, or who only have the most superficial interest in her that say stuff like that. So I don’t know.

Do you think my blog is funny? Or is it just insane? Lol.

Who said Grace is always going to be a mess? In what way do they mean “mess”? Now I’m concerned! Why is she a mess? Physically or emotionally or both? That was almost 2 years ago, right? She seems fine to me, and I’ve seen interviews with her since. She laughs about it and stuff…though that doesn’t mean anything with her. She laughs at many things that actually do concern and sadden her, doesn’t she? But she does seem pretty good, I thought. The only visible things I’ve noticed are the neck thing and I’ve also been noticing her right eye sort of seems a bit droopy. The eyelid. Have you noticed that? I wonder what’s caused that. I actually wonder if I’ll have that (as well as the ever-expanding chins. I already have 3. lol) because I get this eye twitch thing on my left eye.

Anyway…I’m now all disturbed at someone calling her a mess. When you said that these people say she’s old and a mess and that, do you mean the people that actually know her?? Why would they say stuff like that!? Do they not like her? I think anyone who REALLY knew her would automatically like her, you know? And I’m so glad the people that know her said she’s funny and nice and generous and stuff…I get that from her. Right at the very beginning of my interest in her, back reading the book and stuff for the first time, I got mainly the guard she has up, and so I was intrigued to read more. Then just from little things, I saw how lovely she was. Like, just tiny comments and snippets of information formed this opinion for me. Like, at Altamont how she said nobody should touch another person except for love. How sweet is that? lol. And then later I read how she keeps all the stuffed animals people have ever given her cause if or when they ever come over, they’d want to know where their animal is, and so she can’t throw them out. Did you ever read that? How adorable is that!?

Anyway…yeah.
graceslick

Postby graceslick on Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:26 am

I was just going through some of your pics in your Grace gallery (LOVE them!!! Some I hadn't seen before, yay!), and this one here...do you have the link to the interview it's from? I haven't seen it...

graceslick

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:11 am

Last edited by PsychedelicRabbit on Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby graceslick on Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:36 pm

Oh good, I’m relieved about both the eye thing and also that the person who said she was a mess doesn’t know her personally. I honestly don’t think anyone who really knew her would say that, and if they did, then it’d be out of much concern, which would worry me. So it’s good to know it was just a comment from another ignorant person.

Yeah, I think Grace is fairly together and content emotionally, despite the stuff she says. And physically, I think she’s ok. Obviously she’d probably be better if she hadn’t had the diverticulitis and coma thing those years ago, but she’s 69 (TOMORROW!!!!) and so it’s understandable that she’d not be in 100% health. My partner’s mum is 70 and appears very young and trim, but she still has issues like her legs ache if she walks more than 2 minutes at a time and stuff.

Hey, have you heard of that thing Grace says she has about her feet, and how it’s a really rare condition for which there’s no cure? How they get really boiling hot if she’s on them for longer than 10 minutes. I’m not quite sure about the specifics of this, as she seems to have to be on her feet for way more than 10 minutes for her art shows and some interviews and stuff. Maybe they’ve fixed the feet thing, or maybe it was a while ago and it’s gone away…meh.

Have you replied or commented back to any of my comments on your Myspace? lol
graceslick

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:15 pm

PsychedelicRabbit

Postby graceslick on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:52 pm

Aw, what a beautiful post! You should somehow write that to Grace. Have you already? I think she’d like it. (not that I’d know, but meh)

Good. I won’t worry about her anymore (or try not to!) lol

The only issue I have with the neck wattle is that I think I’ll have the exact same thing in a few years and I’m not looking forward to it. I see Grace and see a beautiful woman, but I don’t see that in myself. All I see is a face with a huge chin underneath it. So if that gets worse, I’m gonna feel even more ugly than I already do. I want to get it removed. It’d cost me around $2,000, which isn’t too bad, but right now I don’t have the money, I’ve got mild pressure and disapproval from my parents not to get lipo, and I’d be so scared something would go wrong or I’d somehow do something wrong and when the bandages finally came off, I’d have some huge gaping hole or dents all along my jaw or something.

Anyway…I agree with your post wholeheartedly. White hair? So what? It’s white, not black, brown, blue, green, whatever. Why is that a bad thing to have white hair? So she’s put on weight since she was in her late 20s? Gee whiz, nobody else in the world has ever done that, have they? When I’m 69 I do not expect to be the weight I am now at 30. Unless I become one of those tiny little bird-like ladies.

Anyway…yeah. Great post.
graceslick

Postby Susan Butcher on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:46 pm

I'm sorry if I bum you two out, but this IS getting boring. This was supposed to be a Jefferson Airplane forum, not a Grace Slick's Right Eyelid forum. "Then the lover, sighing like furnace, with a woful ballad made to his mistress's eyebrow." I'm staying away until the subject gets back to music. If it ever does.

Happy Birthday, Grace. It's good to hear your voice once in a while.
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Postby graceslick on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:19 am

Hey Susan, I hear ya, BUT may I point out...

There is a whole forum here for you to read and write about whatever you like - JA, JS, the music, the individual members, whatever. You don't need to participate in this particular thread if you're not into it. (and I understand that only us relative Grace-obsessed/infatuated weirdos would not find this thread pretty bland after a while, lol)

If not a whole lot is going on around here except in this thread, well, again, that's not our problem, and it's not our responsibility to provide any specific topics about anything in particular. We happen to love Grace. This thread, as Rabbit has said, is really the only place she feels free to talk about her love of Grace, and that's ok. Nobody is forced to read it.

As you were.
graceslick

Postby graceslick on Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:25 am

Oh, and Rabbit, you know how I asked about that pic of Grace that I posted on here? And if you knew where the interview was that the pic was from? I still want to know. lol (when's your birthday by the way? I know it's coming soonish)
graceslick

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:18 am

Last edited by PsychedelicRabbit on Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PsychedelicRabbit

PreviousNext

Return to Open Forums