Grace Slick biography

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Grace Slick biography

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:34 pm

I scanned pictures of Grace *and two including Skip Johnson* from her biography book by Barbara Rowes. I figured you might be interested in seeing them. I don't think this book is easily accessible, so here is just some pictures that are kinda rare or something.

They are kinda big, so if you've got dial-up, I'm sorry.

^ I looooove that picture, by the way! :!: 8)

With you standing here I could tell the world what it means to love
To go on from here I can't use words, they don't say enough
PsychedelicRabbit

Re: Grace Slick biography

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:14 am

Hehe, you're welcome. :)
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:28 am

Do you all like the pictures?! Nobody said anything. :oops:
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby psychhead on Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:03 pm

No fisherman myself:):):) :mrgreen: :wink: :wink:
I love those pix....you did a GREAT job with the scanning PR!! How can anyone not love Grace??! :D :D :D
THANX!:)
Rob
Psychedelic music is IN with time!!
psychhead

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:44 pm

Haha, thank you. :)

I looooove the pictures in that book! They're so good! :D :)
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby TakeMeOnYourFlight on Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:43 pm

The book itself is excellent too. I signed it out of a library one time. I like the story Darby tells in it about Grace writing her first few songs. He said she had crumpled up paper all over the place and he'd tell her "Grace, you're just writing songs here, not a term paper!"
"I know it's hard to defend an unpopular policy once in a while." - Zappa
TakeMeOnYourFlight

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:48 pm

I love it too! My friend sent it to me and I keep it now! Forever! It's exciting! :D :)

The whole book is cute. It really made me understand completely why it is she started to drink heavily and things like that. I really didn't know some of the stuff I read, and it's sad to read.

And plus, hot pictures of Gracie are always a bonus in my book. :D
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:54 pm

LOL, I've got that Grace's book sitting right next to me. I've got her biography by Barbara Rowes, I've got her autobiography by herself, and I've got Got A Revolution! by Jeff Tamarkin as well. :D :)
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby okeedoe on Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:08 pm

Last edited by okeedoe on Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
okeedoe

Postby psychhead on Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:45 pm

That book brings back lots of mems!!:) 8) 8)
Psychedelic music is IN with time!!
psychhead

Postby a ghost on Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:23 pm

Thanks for posting the chapters from Grace's book.Very interesting.
I think most people would find it a hard choice to decide whether to drop out of a successful band,like Paul Kantner did,or see it through like Grace did.

Both approaches are valid,and worthwhile,but it just shows how much power the record companies,managers......in other words the non musicians had....maybe still have.......yeah.....still have....... :evil:
a ghost

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:57 pm

Chasin-Destiny wrote:Just me again, maybe this hurts somebody. But it is true. Grace didn't see
herself as a beautiful woman, but that is her stength. From 1000 pictures are
only 10 about the glamours and glitters as she did say about it. But Grace belongs
in the top 5 of the most beautiful women ever. But i don't realy care about the
other 4 (sorry, ladys)

Examples of women i don't like ? J.Lo and Aretha Franklin ( Just 2 of that kind).
They show up in fur coats, these fur coats coast more money than you get in one
year hard work. And they have more than one fur coat. And they look like as
they would say ; LOOK AT ME !!! JUST LOOK AT ME NOW !!! etc etc etc....
Just Google ; aretha franklin fur and you see it. And a message from PETA.

Did you see Grace her watch ? Did you see that it is on many pictures, even some old
ones and now recent pictures ? I don't think she would buy a Rolex of 1.000 $
All these details together, makes her a nice person. One of a kind.

The fact that she still has the watch and wears it is so cute! :D I see that watch, it's odd design and shape, and it makes me smile...a watch. How weird is that? I love her so much. And that damn watch...she's had that thing for a long time. And she still wears it. But that is because she is so cute. :D

Grace is the only girl for me. There is no 2nd or 3rd or 4th or 5th. There is only a 1st, and she is Grace.
I love her so much. :) :)
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby graceslick on Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:33 am

I've got that book. Actually it's right here beside me as I kept it out when all the other (non-Grace and Grace-related) books were unpacked and put into shelves.

I LOVE the pictures in it. I was gonna scan 'em myself but then was too lazy and forgot. lol. That one of her staring at the camera...(the 2nd one you scanned I think) is HOT. When I first saw that, I was like OH MY GOD!! Not that she doesn't look hot pretty much 100% of the time, but that pic for some reason made me gasp. SO HOT! lol
graceslick

Postby graceslick on Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:35 am

I've got that book. Actually it's right here beside me as I kept it out when all the other (non-Grace and Grace-related) books were unpacked and put into shelves.

I LOVE the pictures in it. I was gonna scan 'em myself but then was too lazy and forgot. lol. That one of her staring at the camera...(the 2nd one you scanned I think) is HOT. When I first saw that, I was like OH MY GOD!! Not that she doesn't look hot pretty much 100% of the time, but that pic for some reason made me gasp. SO HOT! lol

Edit - actually, did you hear the thing about her initially being pleased with the book and Barbara and all that, but then years later apparently not being happy about it and never mentioning it? This may or may not be true, but if IS true, do you think that's because it does delve quite a bit into Grace's vulnerability and she's not comfortable with that?
graceslick

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:40 pm

graceslick wrote: I LOVE the pictures in it. I was gonna scan 'em myself but then was too lazy and forgot. lol. That one of her staring at the camera...(the 2nd one you scanned I think) is HOT. When I first saw that, I was like OH MY GOD!! Not that she doesn't look hot pretty much 100% of the time, but that pic for some reason made me gasp. SO HOT! lol

I know! I saw that picture where she looks right at the camera and I think my head exploded. That or some other bodily parts exploded. :shock: :oops: :twisted: (Sick humor? I has it) And I loooove it. Even my friends at school, who aren't in love with Grace like me, they adore it too. "Who's that?!" "She's pretty!" and then some other person might say "Yeah, pretty hot!" LOL. And I just laugh. They don't know how beautiful her soul is. Their bodies are run by how horny a person can get them.

graceslick wrote:Edit - actually, did you hear the thing about her initially being pleased with the book and Barbara and all that, but then years later apparently not being happy about it and never mentioning it? This may or may not be true, but if IS true, do you think that's because it does delve quite a bit into Grace's vulnerability and she's not comfortable with that?

She's never mentioned it, but does mention her own book quite a bit. But, yes, I do believe strongly that it is because that book talks more about her feelings. Compare the two book's usage of her emotions and vulnerability, and you'll see that Barbara's is definitely more revealing than Grace's, in terms of what really goes on in Grace's mind.
Grace doesn't show her real emotions that often; she doesn't show her vulnerability. I can sense her emotions easily, but that is just because I'm very tuned into people - her in particular. But Grace is just like that. She doesn't open up right away to people. She senses easily who she can and can't trust, so she may or may not open up easily to a particular person. She "feels" them out in a sense. She is a sweet, sensitive, sometimes vulnerable woman.

Anyyyyway, I'm getting all psychic and should stop because I tend to get really in depth with these things, so I avoid doing that on public forums like this.
PsychedelicRabbit

Return to Open Forums