Defending My Grace Obsession

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Re: Defending My Grace Obsession

Postby psychhead on Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:58 pm

Susan Butcher wrote:I agree. My uncle said before he died, "No funeral! I want you to have a party instead."

Rabbit, it's not healthy for middle-aged ladies to deny the passage of time. Your body starts to wear out, and there's nothing a plastic surgeon can do about it. If you do get through to Grace, though, tell her to give up smoking! :wink:

Funeral parties are the Anglo-Saxon way!!! :):)...............way to goooooooooooooo!! :mrgreen: :wink:
Psychedelic music is IN with time!!
psychhead

Postby Susan Butcher on Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:25 pm

Men look at women. Women look at women. Women worry about their appearance. It's hard thing to kick.
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Postby graceslick on Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:30 am

I personally feel my own opinion of my physical appearance is very complex...

1. I'm gay so care what girls think of my appearance, and when looking at other girls, part of me thinks "I wish I had her hair/legs/face/boobs, etc" but another part thinks "She's hot", so...it's a bit weird I guess. Does that mean if I want to look like a girl and I think she's hot that I would think my own self is hot too? I also find it odd that some people say I look a bit like Grace, and that's great, and I do have the brown hair and blue(ish) eyes, but then...I find Grace hot and all that, but I don't find myself hot...so why is that? lol It's all too much for my tiny shrunken brain I think.

2. I still care what guys think of my appearance even though I'm gay...why is that? Who knows.

3. I feel much more confident when I know I look fairly good, as opposed to feeling very vulnerable and insecure if I feel I look bad (an extreme example of this is if I have no makeup on. I won't go outside, and if ever I have to, I wear sunglasses and don't talk to or look at anyone)

So basically, I personally think that the reason I find myself caring a lot about how others see me on the outside, is firstly because we're basically at the mercy of others' opinions. If someone doesn't like me, I can be screwed. If the boss doesn't like me, I lose my job. If the teacher doesn't like me, I have a hard time in school. If my friends don't like me, I am alone and not as happy. If nobody likes me, I suck. lol

So yeah, even though obviously not EVERYONE controls any aspects of my life, we're sort of used to caring what everyone else thinks. A lot of the time I don't care, I really don't, but when it matters I do. I have to or I'd have troubles getting what I want. I think how the whole thing with appearance happens is that most people will only see you for your exterior, since they simply don't get the chance to delve deeper unless they actually know you or talk to you for any length of time. So...you know. It's all we've got.

Secondly, I myself often feel I don't have a heap going on inside to make me appealing to others, so if I don't look good, I've got nothing.
graceslick

Postby Susan Butcher on Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:04 am

That's not too far from the way I thought twenty years ago, GS. Nowadays I'm just happy that I don't look quite as old as I am. In any case, I work from home, and hang out with scruffy middle-aged hippies who are mostly interested in what's going on in their and other people's heads. As a wise woman once said, "No-one cares what you look like if you're an artist."
Susan Butcher

Postby graceslick on Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:18 am

I wish I was talented or intelligent enough not to place as much misguided emphasis on my appearance.
graceslick

Postby graceslick on Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:35 pm

True. We always want what we can’t have, and are rarely happy with what we’ve got at the time.
graceslick

Postby Susan Butcher on Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:18 pm

I'd rather be wise than young, any day! Especially these days.
Susan Butcher

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:27 am

I'm not anything like kids my age.
And I'm just sick of being my age, because a lot of people think I am like them. But I'm not, at all.
A lot of people online think I'm older than I am. So that is good :D :)
With you standing here I could tell the world what it means to love
To go on from here I can't use words, they don't say enough
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby psychhead on Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:15 pm

Just poppin' in to say that Grace WAS and STILL is very charming and beautiful!!:)

psychhead

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:44 pm

Grace is so beautiful. I think she is, dare I say it on the interwebs!?, sexy. Yeah, I mean she is sexy now...as in today. Recently. I think she is sooooo amazing, and she hasn't changed at all personality-wise; she is so amazing. I love her so much. :)
With you standing here I could tell the world what it means to love
To go on from here I can't use words, they don't say enough
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby Susan Butcher on Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:18 pm

I admire old folks who keep some of their youthful energy and idealism.
Susan Butcher

Postby psychhead on Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:12 pm

Susan Butcher wrote:I admire old folks who keep some of their youthful energy and idealism.

I believe Grace will never get old in her heart and in her mind....people like Grace, Keith Richards, Joan Baez, etc. know more about life and death than meets the proverbial eye :mrgreen: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Rob
psychhead

Postby psychhead on Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:59 pm

Chasin-Destiny wrote:
psychhead wrote:
Susan Butcher wrote:I admire old folks who keep some of their youthful energy and idealism.

I believe Grace will never get old in her heart and in her mind....people like Grace, Keith Richards, Joan Baez, etc. know more about life and death than meets the proverbial eye :mrgreen: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Rob

Yeah, but Grace is MUCH MORE beautiful than Keith !!!

Agreed!! :)
psychhead

Postby Susan Butcher on Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:41 pm

Keith's a cartoonist's delight!
Susan Butcher

Postby Diane on Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:23 pm

Yea Grace is beautiful, but I think her inner beauty is what makes her so special in my opinion. She is so enigmatic. Some people get stuck just on her outward beauty - but those people are really missing out... :P
Diane

PreviousNext

Return to Open Forums