Defending My Grace Obsession

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Re: Defending My Grace Obsession

Postby graceslick on Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:44 pm

I REALLY hope she writes back, but I’m not sure if she would do that as a general thing, you know?

Did you get my incredibly LONG PM yesterday!?!? I am waiting a reply! Lol *tapping impatient foot*
graceslick

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:53 pm

graceslick wrote:I REALLY hope she writes back, but I’m not sure if she would do that as a general thing, you know?

Did you get my incredibly LONG PM yesterday!?!? I am waiting a reply! Lol *tapping impatient foot*

I SENT IT THIS MORNING!
Do you see it!?!?!? :D

I hope she writes back, too. People keep saying she'll write back, so I'm thinking she will.
My friend said to me this morning that the odds are that she's bound to like me. God I hope that's true. I'm so nervous. AGGHH!!!
With you standing here I could tell the world what it means to love
To go on from here I can't use words, they don't say enough
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby graceslick on Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:44 pm

I got your PM! My inbox was full. Lol *blush* I’ve replied.

I have my fingers and toes and everything crossed that she writes back…I REEEEEALLY want her to write back!! When did you send the letter exactly? I keep thinking it’d take weeks for her to get it, but that’s only because for me it would, being in Australia and so far away. *brain drain* I keep forgetting you’re so close.

Are you sure the address you sent it to is one that she actually would read mail sent to it herself?

If she does write back, you have to tell us some part of what she says, ok? I don’t want the whole thing posted (well, actually of course I do, but I respect her and her privacy, and your’s for that matter, so wouldn’t expect that), but just any part you think is ok for us Grace-lovers to read.
graceslick

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:25 pm

I am positive. My friends tell me to be positive, because I wrote a great letter and that she'll like it. I feel more confident in what I've written and sent her. :)

I don't know that I'll share everything. I might just say she replied. Because it'll be held dearly in my heart, forever and ever and ever. :)
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby graceslick on Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:00 pm

Yeah…for me, just knowing she’s replied would be enough.
graceslick

Postby Susan Butcher on Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:10 am

It's a nice painting if you like big-eye art, but it's serene. That's not how I see Grace. But what do I know?

Hang on a moment.. big eyes... is that some sort of hidden meaning?!
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Postby psychhead on Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:43 pm

I love non wimpy artists.....and that means Grace Slick and the boys in the band!!! :):)

Psychedelic music is IN with time!!
psychhead

Postby graceslick on Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:45 pm

You know what I love? Not just non-wimpy, but COMPLEX people and artists. For me, it’s the combination of tough but beautiful exterior, which hides a softer interior that can be vulnerable and such…and then add the talent and charisma TRUE artists have, and it’s amazing! *drooling over Grace*
graceslick

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:07 pm

graceslick wrote:You know what I love? Not just non-wimpy, but COMPLEX people and artists. For me, it’s the combination of tough but beautiful exterior, which hides a softer interior that can be vulnerable and such…and then add the talent and charisma TRUE artists have, and it’s amazing! *drooling over Grace*

That's so true. I love that. I love the exterior, because there is always an interior that I love as well. Grace is a wonderfully complex person, but really simple all at the same time. And she is the most talented singer ever, in my book. I think she's fantastic. She really made JA bloom bigger, and with a talent like that, it's not hard to figure out why JA did so well. Grace Slick is a brilliant, talented, beautiful, funny, lovable, interesting person. People are drawn to her.

That's not to say I don't love the rest of JA. I definitely do. I love them all! :) But I love Grace in a different way. LOL.
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:08 am

I love that interview.

"You keep trying to get better, and then you die."

I don't want Grace to die. :( I'm terrified of that. Even mentioning it or talking about it makes me sad and want to cry. :( It's too sad for me to think about.
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby Susan Butcher on Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:51 am

I hope I don't sound callous, but everyone has to die sometime, it's part of the deal. It doesn't help to worry about it. The best you can hope for is to leave an interesting fossil.
Susan Butcher

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:25 pm

Susan Butcher wrote:I hope I don't sound callous, but everyone has to die sometime, it's part of the deal. It doesn't help to worry about it. The best you can hope for is to leave an interesting fossil.

I know but it's the idea of it. Someone being here one minute and the next they aren't.
I'm dealing with my Grandfather's death, he died on the 7th, and it's just so much. It's so sad...I'm still lying to myself, so it hasn't hit me completely yet.

But death isn't easy. I love Grace so much. I don't want her to die. And it really bothers me that she talks about herself in this way. She says "you're old and rotting," or "I'm just a fat old broad now"...and I don't see her that way. She is so beautiful. She isn't rotting. She isn't fat (to me anyway). She means a lot to me.
I might sound weird to you, but I just love her so much. It's weird to you, but to me, it isn't. I love her. It bugs me that she talks that way about herself.
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby Susan Butcher on Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:34 pm

I agree. My uncle said before he died, "No funeral! I want you to have a party instead."

Rabbit, it's not healthy for middle-aged ladies to deny the passage of time. Your body starts to wear out, and there's nothing a plastic surgeon can do about it. If you do get through to Grace, though, tell her to give up smoking! :wink:
Susan Butcher

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:51 pm

b
Susan Butcher wrote:I agree. My uncle said before he died, "No funeral! I want you to have a party instead."

Rabbit, it's not healthy for middle-aged ladies to deny the passage of time. Your body starts to wear out, and there's nothing a plastic surgeon can do about it. If you do get through to Grace, though, tell her to give up smoking! :wink:

I know that they can't deny it, but it seems that she talks about it so much. It bothers me soo much.
That's what my Grandfather died of. Lung cancer. And I know Grace smokes, and it does worry me since it can take years off your life. It worries me to no end. I guess the worrying about them stuff comes with the being in love with her package, huh? I don't know. I know I shouldn't be so sad about it and worry about it, but I can't help it. I worry about her a lot. I'm constantly hoping that she is happy and doing OK. Her happiness is so important to me. And it just seems to me that if you're constantly thinking of death, you can't be too happy.
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby Susan Butcher on Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:08 pm

Grace's art tells me she isn't thinking about death when she's painting. Quite the opposite.
Susan Butcher

PreviousNext

Return to Open Forums