Jefferson Airplane Loves You vs. new remasters

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Jefferson Airplane Loves You vs. new remasters

Postby PostToastee on Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:56 pm

hello everyone,
i'm new to the list and just getting into the airplane at age 31. i bought surrealistic pillow last weekend and was hooked. i got baxters and volunteers over the weekend, and i've definitely found a new favorite band. (fyi, i usually listen to jazz or classic rock, but i never got into the airplane for some reason.)
here's my question: is the boxed set worth it? being released in 1992, the sound quality is lacking (i've listened to it--the mastering is muddy and washed-out-sounding). however, there's a bevy of unreleased material--unreleased for 1992, that is. how many of those unreleased 1992 tracks are still unreleased in light of the 2003-2004 remaster series? and, are those tracks that may still be available only on the JALY boxed set worth the justification of purchase (i can get it for $25 used, btw, not full retail). thanks for filling me in!
-eddie williamson
los angeles, calif.
PostToastee

Postby Don Rico on Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:02 am

Hi Eddie...

Good to meet ya...

Glad you could make it...

Congratulations on hipping yerself to one of the greatest musical adventures in existence... That's the JEFFERSONS fo' sho'...

The boxed set, in my opinion, is WELL worth your while... Lots of good rare stuff on it... That 10 1/2-minute "Ballad Of You And Me And Pooneil" is a favorite... The quadrophonic mixes of some favorite tracks are great... And the live disc from '67 is top-notch...

Dig that great booklet insert with the great color photos too...

RADICAL...

JEFFERSON AIRPLANE really DOES LOVE YOU!!!

Tha don says "Check it out"!!!

8)
Don Rico

Postby ceangle13 on Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:45 am

Hey I agree, the boxed set is awesome! I bought it when it came out on cassette then when I bought a cd player I upgraded to cd! Awesome tracks, great sound, lots of unreleased material (maybe not new to todays' releases) but a great compilation of songs! Check out the Frank Zappa and Grace Slick stuff- Would you like a snack?. Pretty Cool!!!!!
ceangle13

Postby BlackCladLizard on Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:34 am

I was thinking about that too and I wasnt so sure that I should get it or not because of "1992 remastering". Im willing to go for it if there is deffenetly things on there that I cannot find somewhere eles. Can some one give me the comeplete run down of what I might enjoy if I get it.

If it is worthy Ill meet you Eddie at Amoeba Records to buy it :lol:
BlackCladLizard

Return to Open Forums