Amazing Grace

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Amazing Grace

Postby graceslick on Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:02 am

I have been getting into 3 songs I'd previously either not known about or wasn't overly interested in.

1. Theme From the Movie Manhole

I LOVE this song. It's 15 mins long and before I REALLY listened to it, I used to get "bored" long before it had finished, I'm ashamed to say. But then I listened and gave it the time it deserves, and now whenever I listen to it (daily lately), I don't want it to end! It is BEAUTIFUL. Amazing. Grace is and was just so incredibly talented.

2. Never Argue With a German When Tired or European Song

LOVE IT! It is SO weird. I love the strange operatic men's voices in the background. I want this FEEL for one of my songs I'm writing entitled The Snowman. (which for anyone interested is not actually about a snowman, but rather, a man with really bad dandruff who covers the world in "snow". Heheh)

3. Crazy Miranda

I love this song so much. Perhaps even more than the German song now. The piano is just beautiful.

:D

graceslick

Re: Amazing Grace

Postby psychhead on Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:04 am

The piano is just beautiful.

Piano was the first instrument I ever played!! :):)
Psychedelic music is IN with time!!
psychhead

Re: Amazing Grace

Postby VioletSky3 on Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:57 pm

I agree, the theme from Manhole is simply amazing. And Grace's voice is breath-taking!

I still chuckle when I remember Grace saying in an interview that the Spanish lyrics were composed by a Latino janitor and herself...she said the Spanish was probably awful. But since I don't speak the language, I couldn't tell.

Have any of you heard 'Bikini Atoll' from Grace's solo album Software? BEAUTIFUL song!
VioletSky3

Return to Open Forums