should i go?

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

should i go?

Postby peacefrog on Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:00 pm

Okay, Jefferson Starship concert.

http://www.thestatetheater.com/band%20-%20jefferson%20starship.htm

Should I go? And if so, should I go to the meet and greet beforehand? Paul Kantner and Marty Balin will be there.

What would I SAY?

And plus, I mean, it's $65.

I need the help of some true Airplane fans here... :D
peacefrog

Postby jett on Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:53 pm

i'd go... considering the rareness of the opportunity (and the fact that i'm still kicking myself for hedging about going to see Joan Baez until it was too late back when i was 14 and stupid -- if i learned anything from that it's that certain opportunities MUST be siezed)...

as for what i'd say, it'd probably be along the lines of "er... um... hi. i'm jett and... uhhhhh... hi."

on second thought, my advice is crap. somebody else care to help Peacefrog out on this one? :lol:
check out my band Betty Machete
jett

Postby BlackCladLizard on Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:18 pm

I would go! I dont know you are thinking about it. Just tell them what you think of them. Just dont freeze up like I did when I met Ray Manzerek of the doors.
BlackCladLizard

Postby hell yes on Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:19 pm

yea, sure the band is nowhere as good as the original jefferson airplane, but still, its the closest you will get ever again.
hell yes

Go fer it froggie

Postby nadezalli on Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:48 am

Peacefrog, Go for it. The JA, S, JS, JA, KBC Band, etc. is a continuing work in progress. You might see a one in a million show 2/17.

I missed a KBC Band show at the Fillmore in 1988 where Grace, Jorma, and I think Papa John Creech dropped in. You just never know...

PS - Jett, your advice/opinion is probably as good or better than the next person; hey, look who the U.S. has as president. Own it.
"Hey I'm dancin' down the street,
got a revolution, got to revolution."

"Sign me up as a diplomat, my only office
is the (Golden Gate) Park!"
- Calmakazzi
nadezalli

Return to Open Forums