What do you do for living? Work/study?

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Postby jonestown on Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:35 am

I'm a liar, I mean a lawyer (17 years now).

The first part is a joke. And I am a fake hippie.
man oh man oh friend of mine
jonestown

Postby Serena on Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:37 am

im a part time waitress at a old folks retirement apartment complex. untill i get my europe trip out of the way, i can start working for a real job.
Serena

Postby nickwishkah on Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:30 pm

Full time student. Philosophy, history and English untill next year when i will be reading American Studies (at degree level). Hopefully the kind of subject where i can combine my love of American literature and history with my love of American music. Plus i'll be hopping over the pond to see you all in about three years. It's compulsory.

Nick
nickwishkah

Postby Johannes on Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:11 am

Im in High School (or college) what is the difference between those two? :roll:
Favorite Bands:
Jefferson Airplane
The Doors
Nirvana
Alice In Chains
Jimi Hendrix
Johannes

Postby Wintersweet on Sun Feb 27, 2005 5:44 am

I'm a senior in high school; I intend on going to college to study Communications and minor in either Political Science or Theatre.. I want to do something in the broadcasting field, maybe an anchorman or a radio show host or something.
Wintersweet

Postby Memorabilia on Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:29 pm

Still in school :)
I saw you grow older
Saw myself grow older too
But not as much as you
If I only knew
Memorabilia

Postby rjhll on Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:47 am

I'm a high school teacher (Theater Arts, Writing and English Literature) to mainly grades 11 and 12. During the warmup in Theater Arts, I'll play music from various alt. rock bands, including Canada's 54-40 and San Fran's Jefferson Airplane. It was 1975, when I was in grade 11, I bought Worst Of ..., which was a turning point. Since then, they've been among the handful of bands that continues to excite me, despite the intervening decades, in this the 21st century. It's not pure nostalgia, just an acknowledgement that the band was (and is) that good. The recently released DVD only confirms that magic, a magic that will stand the test of time. I've recently purchased Takes Off, After Bathing, Crown of Creation and Volunteers. Having these again only confirms my first instinct about JA and the bonus tracks, particularly the live tracks on Volunteers, raise the first pleasure exponentially to an exquisitely wrought pleasure. I can't wait for Surrealistic Pillow and Bless Its Pointed Little Head to arrive in the not so distant future. To get back to the point, I am or at least try to be a teacher, a family man, and a believer in humankind's ability to find its way with a few pointers, music being one of the foremost signposts. Shelley the poet once wrote "Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world." Was he anticipating the revolution in music and in thinking that such bands as JA espoused?
An Atlantic Canadian Fan
rjhll

Postby jimihendrix on Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:49 pm

going for engineer :wink:
jimihendrix

Postby moonshadow on Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:50 am

I'm still in school. Currently my life focusses on attemting to survive my boring teachers, and all the religious, right wing conservitives that inhabit my area. I hope to have a career in journalism for a alt. newspaper somewhere.
"A hero is someone who gives their lives to something bigger then themselves"
-unknown
moonshadow

Postby Kollontai on Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:45 am

i live in hong kong,maybe entre university after this year 's summer holiday
Kollontai

Postby Grace on Tue May 03, 2005 12:51 am

I go to school & I have really good grades (probably it's because I listen to The Plane when I'm studyin' :roll:........Just Kidding :D )
The Smashing Pumpkins
Grace

Previous

Return to Open Forums