For new members...

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Re: For new members...

Postby lovro_asperger on Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:32 am

Hey... any chance you acctually ARE Grace?
There's so many of you.
lovro_asperger

Postby lovro_asperger on Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:42 pm

Your old avatar is back!
There's so many of you.
lovro_asperger

Postby Gustavo on Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:24 am

Hi, everybody,

I am Gustavo (pretty obvious, isn't it?). Well, let's get to what really matters: Jefferson Airplane

I was first introduced to their music in 1984 by a friend who lent me a home-recorded K7 (cassette tape). Yes, I am kind of old... After having listened to Grace's and Marty's vocals, to Jorma's guitar, and to the music of the band there was no return. Next thing was rambling around collector's shops in search of LPs (yes, I am kind of old...)

I even met a girl in high school who looked exactly like Grace: Long fringe-cut straight black hair and mesmerizing big green eyes (sorry, Grace, I know you have blue eyes, but nobody`s perfect, except you, of course). Love at first sight (love even before sight). Unfortunately we didn't stick together for long, my high school sweetheart and me. So I still long for some kind of Grace's stereotype to run into my life one of these days.

Now that this fascinating modern age we live in has made sound devices really portable, I take pleasure in hearing to my Jefferson Airplane playlist on my iPod. I called it Led_Airplane, because I mingle Jefferson Airplane with Led Zeppelin and The Doors. But what really throws my imagination into a state of trance is Jefferson Airplane. The other songs act more as a preparation before the real stuff.

Well, when I pass away, if there is something called heaven, and if an angel comes to me and tells me because I was a good boy here on earth I can make a wish, I certainly will choose to be born again in San Francisco in the 40's (so I can spend my youth there in the 60's).

Cheers
Gustavo

Postby purt on Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:20 am

hello, I am mike and currently in ohio. looks like the place to crash for a bit! I am old(er) having crested 50 several years ago, but very young when compared to the earth! Look forward to cruising about the site from time to time!
purt

Postby lovro_asperger on Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:28 am

purt wrote:hello, I am mike and currently in ohio. looks like the place to crash for a bit! I am old(er) having crested 50 several years ago, but very young when compared to the earth! Look forward to cruising about the site from time to time!
And why are you here Michael?
There's so many of you.
lovro_asperger

Postby graceslick on Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:36 am

It seems new member Michael has no reply to your question, Asperger. lol

Off the topic, but for years I thought "Aspergers Syndrome" was pronounced like "Ass Burger".
graceslick

Postby purt on Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:34 am

Oh to reply; Michael is here periodically to read and enjoy the posts and some discussions of interest...lurking for awhile seemed boring so why not sign on?! thanks for the well come.
purt

Postby Susan Butcher on Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:57 am

You are welcome, but not a lot is happening apart from the subject of being in love with Grace.
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Postby purt on Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:09 am

I noticed that there seems like a big focus on Grace...
purt

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:42 pm

For me personally...I love Grace, yes, so there's more of a focus coming from me. That isn't to say I don't love the rest of JA! I love them all a lot!! :) I just love Grace in a different way. :)
With you standing here I could tell the world what it means to love
To go on from here I can't use words, they don't say enough
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby graceslick on Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:50 am

I too have recently, even more than usual, been focusing solely on Grace and how fantastic she is. I would just like to say that I love all the JA members and their music, and not just the songs Grace wrote or played or sang on either.

That's the thing - for about the past 1.5 years, I've hardly listened to ANY music other than JA, JS and Grace's solo stuff. I started having a thing for Grace quite a while before I actually became obsessed with her (in a good way of course! Heheh) but didn't FULLY get into her at that earlier point because I wasn't 100% interested in the music of JA. Once that part happened, I fell "in love" with Grace totally.
graceslick

Postby SlicklyDickly on Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:10 pm

Just joined today. I have been a lurker here, never posting, just reading. Today I wanted to wish grace a happy birthday! I am a brand new fan, just discovering JA and Grace Slick only about a year ago. I know - I've lived under a rock.
SlicklyDickly

Postby graceslick on Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:41 am

Welcome, slicklydickly! Nah, you've not been under a rock. I only truly discovered Grace and JA over a year ago. Actually, this time last year I was totally obsessed (still am)...
graceslick

Postby Elephant Sky on Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:10 am

Hi, JA is my favourite band ever, along with Jimi Hendrix, Bjork, Smashing Pumpkins, Sly & The Family Stone, Pink Floyd, Bob Dylan (even though he's not a band lol), The Beatles and The Doors (and I also love about 50 other artists, but they're my top favorites).

I used this website alot earlier this year and around the very end of last year. But I never visited the forum, I joined my first forum (Veggieboards) on December last year, I just got into joining other forums last month. I've been a JA fan since around late September last year (they've been my favourite band longer that any other band has).

I am creative person who loves being a weirdo.

So I guess that's me in a NUTshell, so yeah.

PS. Peace2all and those who are craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy (I think that's what Jesus said once :lol: )
We are forces of chaos and anarchy, everything they say we are, we are and we are very proud of ourselves
Elephant Sky

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:52 pm

Hello Elephant Sky!!! :) Welcome. :D
With you standing here I could tell the world what it means to love
To go on from here I can't use words, they don't say enough
PsychedelicRabbit

PreviousNext

Return to Open Forums