For new members...

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Re: For new members...

Postby psychhead on Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:26 pm

Susan Butcher wrote:Happy Birthday, Psych! Wow, someone who's OLDER than me for a change!

:oops: :oops: Actually, my 50th was on Feb. last, but thanx anyway Susan. Just remember one 'lil thing on age: "You're NOT really old, you were just born BEFORE someone else"!! :):):):) :mrgreen: :wink:
Psychedelic music is IN with time!!
psychhead

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:33 pm

Hello! I am Patricia, I'm 16 years old...ermmm...I live in Florida! I'm a Scorpio. I dig the 60's. I'm a flower child at heart. Mhmm. I remember anything epic...down to the shirt I wore and the way the sunlight hit the trees.

I got into JA because I got "Somebody To Love" stuck in my head randomly on April 25. I got into Grace Slick a LOT. I love her! I bought Surrealistic Pillow, annnd let's just say I had it on repeat for quite some time. In early July, I went to Disney World, and the only thing I bought was The Essential Jefferson Airplane. Go me for being dorky.

Uhm. Yeah! So...hello!
With you standing here I could tell the world what it means to love
To go on from here I can't use words, they don't say enough
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby Susan Butcher on Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:28 am

Hi Patricia! Let's consider the question of dorkiness. If you were a high school student in the Seventies who was completely into the Beatles, and a friend sneered "You mean you still like a record no matter how old it is?!", who would be the dork? I don't think it would be you!
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:54 pm

Meh. Dorkiness comes in different forms, you know?
I am starting my collection of JA stuff, and I've got a huge stack of records here...Manhole, Earth, Surrealistic Pillow, Grace Slick & The Great Society, Red Octpus, Volunteers. They are only $2 at this CD/Record/DVD store here in St. Pete. :) I also just won the cassette of Grace reading Somebody To Love? so I'm excited about that.

Anywayyy, hello!! :D :)
I was reading through the forum last night...interesting people here! :D
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby graceslick on Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:28 am

Yes, there certainly are some interesting characters on here! lol

Have you listened to Grace reading Somebody to Love yet?? I got that from Ebay earlier this year or last year and LOVE IT!!! I've actually listened to it about 4 times all the way through, and I tend sometimes to get my "fix" of Grace at night just by listening to snippets of it. Ah, Grace. How I love thee. :mrgreen:
graceslick

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:51 pm

graceslick wrote:Yes, there certainly are some interesting characters on here! lol

Have you listened to Grace reading Somebody to Love yet?? I got that from Ebay earlier this year or last year and LOVE IT!!! I've actually listened to it about 4 times all the way through, and I tend sometimes to get my "fix" of Grace at night just by listening to snippets of it. Ah, Grace. How I love thee. :mrgreen:

I haven't gotten it yet. Blech. BUT, it'll be my best friend as soon as I do. You know that store I said in my post up there ^? They can convert records and cassettes to CD. IPOD IT, BABY. :D I'm so excited to do that!

I'm going to spend a day when I get it and just listen to it all the way through. I can't wait to hear her voice. I love listening to her talk. I love her sooo much. :D :)
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby graceslick on Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:42 am

Has it come yet?!?! lol

I love listening to Grace talk too. I could seriously listen to her ALL day. My partner jokes that I would buy a recording of Grace burping, farting, talking about nothing, babbling to herself, whatever...and I would buy it! I seriously would! :mrgreen:
graceslick

Postby graceslick on Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:43 am

Wait a minute...what store is this that converts tapes to CD!? WHERE!? WHERRRRRE!??! *frothing at the mouth*
graceslick

Postby graceslick on Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:06 am

I'm listening right at this very moment to a phone interview with Grace from 1978.

http://concerts.wolfgangsvault.com/dt/g ... -2700.html

Ya gotta join the site but they've got a few concerts and this interview...
graceslick

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:04 am

graceslick wrote:Has it come yet?!?! lol

I love listening to Grace talk too. I could seriously listen to her ALL day. My partner jokes that I would buy a recording of Grace burping, farting, talking about nothing, babbling to herself, whatever...and I would buy it! I seriously would! :mrgreen:

I got it last Saturday. I listened to it for a few minutes and I was shaking. Her voice has that effect on me. I am going to listen to it later.

I'm with you on that. She could have a tape of her reading the phone book and I'd be first on the list to buy it. I love listening to her voice. It really calms me, but at the same time it makes me shaky...I won't go into detail why, buuuut. Take my word for it. Heh.
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:06 am

graceslick wrote:Wait a minute...what store is this that converts tapes to CD!? WHERE!? WHERRRRRE!??! *frothing at the mouth*

It's this place called Asylum here in St. Pete. It isn't a big chain store or anything, but i'm sure if you looked hard enough, you'll find some places around you that convert tape to CD as well.

I'm so excited to get it. I'm putting it on my iPod, definitely.
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby Dormouse on Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:42 pm

Wait a minute...what store is this that converts tapes to CD!? WHERE!? WHERRRRRE!??! *frothing at the mouth*

Check out this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1801
Tune In
Turn On
Drop Out
Dormouse

Postby qwertytrek on Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:42 am

Hi,
I'm a noob so please forgive me if I am violating etiquette or protocol, but I just wanted to inform you that Jefferson Airplane has been spoofed this week on the psychotic advisors website. It's pretty funny. And at least it's a bit of free publicity for the band. You can view it at http://www.psychoticadvisor.com . Somebody please tell Grace. I think she'll dig the humor. Thanks!
qwertytrek

Postby okeedoe on Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:51 pm

Last edited by okeedoe on Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
okeedoe

Postby lovro_asperger on Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:33 pm

okeedoe wrote:Heil to all Grace loving people.This is my first post on any forum ever.
I am carrying Grace in my heart for 30 years and I am 45 years old fart from Serbia.
I am so glad that I found people that share similar affections for Grace.
Grace is gift from God and God loves Grace Slick.
And so do I.

Iz Srbije?!! :D :D
There's so many of you.
lovro_asperger

PreviousNext

Return to Open Forums