For new members...

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Re: For new members...

Postby psychman on Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:08 pm

Thanks,Dank U :)
psychman

Postby blow-your-mind on Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:55 am

hi there, I'm new to the forum, ... I'm a big airplane fan... everything before and around 1970, but nothing later...

I have about 30 airplane Albums (official & bootleg)

thats me:

greetings
amadeus:)
remember mahatma gandhi
blow-your-mind

Postby terrestrial_man on Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:15 am

YO! When did all this happen!
Great changes to the site Xspecially the Player playing the full sets!!! FULL TILT!
Been a fan since '67. Still can't believe this is still on-Who would have believed after all these years! Definitely glad to see a new generation Airplaned!
terrestrial_man

Postby Meredyth Raye on Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:32 am

Hello everyone!! I didnt realize the Airplane had a forum until now and I can finally talk with some friendly people about psychedelic rock at its finest, the Jefferson Airplane!

Im in Southern California where possibly I do not belong and the psych scene is dead as much as I know. I think I am 40 years too late! :wink: :lol: although dear Grace Slick had an art show here recently and I was so very close to meeting her but unfortunately she wasnt talking to people who werent buying her paintings :( but her presence was staggering! :o

Peace & Love hope to make some new friends :oops: the Jefferson Airplane has been quite an inspiration.
Meredyth Raye

Postby Dormouse on Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:25 pm

Welcome to the forum! If you are looking to making new friends, this is the place! Everyone that love the Airplane is welcome here.
Tune In
Turn On
Drop Out
Dormouse

Postby penny plant on Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:25 pm

:mrgreen: Hi everyone!!
I'm a new member, my friends call me Penny, you can call me like that as well... This space is great for people who loooove the Airplane.
I remember the fisrt time I ever listended to them, it was in my uncle's car; we were driving to buy pizza :), and he put "lather", I was blown away with that song. I was 14 years old (now i'm 22). Since that moment I started searching for their music until I found in a second hand store the "surrealistic pillow" LP wwooow, iI couldn't believe it....
Greetings to all,
Peace,
Penny
Last edited by penny plant on Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
penny plant

Postby penny plant on Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:04 pm

Meredyth Raye wrote:Hello everyone!! I didnt realize the Airplane had a forum until now and I can finally talk with some friendly people about psychedelic rock at its finest, the Jefferson Airplane!

Im in Southern California where possibly I do not belong and the psych scene is dead as much as I know. I think I am 40 years too late! :wink: :lol: although dear Grace Slick had an art show here recently and I was so very close to meeting her but unfortunately she wasnt talking to people who werent buying her paintings :( but her presence was staggering! :o

Peace & Love hope to make some new friends :oops: the Jefferson Airplane has been quite an inspiration.

Hi!...
I completely agree with you, finally we can share our taste and thoughts about music with other people. I'm also a huge fan of pschydelic music, and I also think I'm 40 years late too :P
we should get together with other peolple and re-create the 60s culture :mrgreen:
penny plant

Postby Ken Flint on Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:12 pm

I See A Lot of posters on Ebay and wolfgange and the art is great
i have a poster ( that i Was There :D ) from Filmore june 4 1966 or 67 forget the year for the most part i was only 17 at the time there was 2 of them for the same date one was tan paper and brown and purple print i have see that one on ebay for a lot of $$$
i have the one that is tan paper and orange and brown print that i have not see ( only in Reprints )
i have a few others to San Francisco Watermelon Big Picnic it has a about 10 to 15 artices on it that i have not see anywhere but again i know it happen again i was there :D it was on a sunday its art was by J Michaelson Who i cant find anything on a few sites but nothing about the art he did on that
I dont wont to sell them i just would like to know what they are worth so i can insure them to me there worth millons
Thank You
any help would be a big Help

Ken
kdff3250@hotmail.com
Ken Flint

Postby V I C E on Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:49 pm

thugater wrote:hy, my name is paula, i'm from croatia and i'm 16... :D

i love hrvatska ! i go there every year .

well , i'm from italy , i'm 18 , i love 70' and 80' rock . only 2 years ago i discovered the jefferson airplane , and i felt in love with grace slick's voice . so , what can i tell u more .. ?
V I C E

Postby IneedaBonghit on Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:10 pm

Hi

I'm Jack, I joined this forum for Airplane group therapy a few months ago but am just opening up.

I'm 47 and only started to take an interest in the Airplane in 2006.
It was like waking up from a coma....

Growing I knew very little about the Airplane. I had heard a few of the obvious hits on the radio. My older brother must have had some vinyl because
he had an Airplane poster on his wall. But, I remember him listening to stuff like Chicago and CSNY. I also knew he had some Dead.
The stuff I listened to was whatever was on AM and later FM. I got albums in the 70's but no Airplane or Starship, mostly just pop stuff of the time. When I got to college I started listening to alot of psychedelic music, like later Beatles, Doors, and Floyd. But at that time I was in a phase where I tried to avoid anything my brother had ever done or listened to. I had followed him to an all boys High School called CBA. I was shackled and chained to a desk and ran and walked in circles for 4 years. The social life there was lousy, few chicks ever came to the dances. After I graduated I thought maybe I should not follow my brother anymore. Thats when I entered the Airplane coma.... :oops:

Anyway to make a much longer story much shorter, my coma is over and here I am.
Whats with the Pirate Treasure? Free music, free love?

I guess I better head over to the LSD thread to leave my 2 cents. :wink:

Peace,
Jack
Getting reborn isn't easy. It's like hitting the reset switch of a computer, or getting hit by a wrecking ball. My life is rebooting...:)
IneedaBonghit

Postby Susan Butcher on Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:34 am

My name is Susan, I'm a 49 year old cartoonist, and I share a house in the hills of Victoria with my friends Carol Wood and Moxie the Rat, my four gramophones, this computer, a black-and-white VHF television, and an impractical number of books, magazines and records. I first heard Jefferson Airplane in 1969 when I migrated to Australia from England, but I didn't think they were anything special until I bought Surrealistic Pillow in 1989. I love them because they're bolshy, and when listen to their music I know that rock and roll will save the world. Despite all the evidence to the contrary! :wink:
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Postby psychhead on Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:17 pm

Susan Butcher wrote:My name is Susan, I'm a 49 year old cartoonist, and I share a house in the hills of Victoria with my friends Carol Wood and Moxie the Rat, my four gramophones, this computer, a black-and-white VHF television, and an impractical number of books, magazines and records. I first heard Jefferson Airplane in 1969 when I migrated to Australia from England, but I didn't think they were anything special until I bought Surrealistic Pillow in 1989. I love them because they're bolshy, and when listen to their music I know that rock and roll will save the world. Despite all the evidence to the contrary! :wink:

Hi Susan and a big welckie to you!! :) . On (too) many forums, there are peeps saying "rock 'n' roll is dead"....they don't know how wrong they can be....it's only changing like it always has! Bands like JA and JS will always be the beacon for many a band out there!!!
ROCK ON!

Rob
Psychedelic music is IN with time!!
psychhead

Postby psychhead on Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:44 pm

Hey you 2...pay your respects, I've reached the half century line, hehehehheheheheheh :):):):)
psychhead

Postby psychhead on Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:16 pm

All I can say to the 'younger gen' is..................
the 11th commandment, hehehheheheheh :P :D :D :wink: :mrgreen:
DON'T BE SQUARE!!!! :):)
psychhead

Postby Susan Butcher on Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:52 pm

Happy Birthday, Psych! Wow, someone who's OLDER than me for a change!
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

PreviousNext

Return to Open Forums