For new members...

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Re: For new members...

Postby missbaxter on Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:23 pm

alright well hi, im new.
i was just looking at the website like i do everyday and i decided to make a profile. i was looking here in the first place because i am getting a tattoo in a few weeks and i want it to be something about grace or jefferson airplane. but im not sure what exactly i want done.

if anybody has any ideas i have and open mind. :mrgreen:
[b]Through literacy you can begin to see the world, with music you can reach anyone. Between the two there is you, unstoppable.[/b]
missbaxter

Postby HeReTiC on Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:48 pm

Hi everybody,

my name is Christopher. I'm 22 years old and live in Germany. I listen to JA for years now... i can't really say how long... In this time I recognized that I was born about 40 years too late.:mrgreen:
I hope that I will be able to travel to San Francisco with some friends in the future.

I would like to write much more but it's not an easy thing in English. :wink:

Greets to all
HeReTiC

Postby deadheadben on Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:29 pm

just made this user name but have been riding the plane for years. anyone got any unreleased recordings cuz i got tons of dead i'd trade with you.
deadheadben

Postby Juicy Brucie on Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:56 pm

I am a refugee from the A Deck on the Jefferson Starship web site which seems to have gone away.

Plotting revolution, writing my gangster trilogy, looking for gainful employment.

Anyone here alumni from 2400 Fulton or A Deck/Cornfield?
Juicy Brucie

Postby Groovyplane on Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:08 pm

Hi my name is Nick...im a newbie out of NYC..nice to meet you all :D
Groovyplane

Postby Nir on Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:31 am

Hi,

Can you tell me the name of the song that you hear when you log in to the website ?

Thanks,

Nir.
Nir

Postby Lilla on Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:06 am

Welcome you all newbies. :wink: Heretic, I'm glad to know about somebody who can speak GERMAN. Endlich :D

Nir, it's 'Embryonic Journey" from the album 'Surrealistic Pillow'.
'No matter how big or soft or warm your bed is, you still have to get out of it' - Gracie
Lilla

Postby osagebowler48 on Sun May 31, 2009 3:38 pm

Recently heard Volunteers cuts on LAST FM, while checking out Mariza the great Fado diva, prior to attending a concert in Champaign, Il., with a family from Lisbon, and just accidentally stumbled on a part of me indellibly imprinted, apparently, with that music from my salad days. Couldn't stop intoning Eskimo Blue, so I got out the second old vinyl copy, and ended up going online for the remastered CD from RCA. Great deals online for that, by the way. The Terry Reid I bought at the same time, from a Russian label wasn't so easy. I'm not into all the lyrics, but Grace's are captivating, and I think Volunteers is still my favorite, though that may be because I was so over exposed early to Surrealistic Pillow. Just caught up with Grace and her artwork on the Tube. I used to work for the woman who owned the coffeehouse next to the Matrix, have listened to the Airplane since Grace joined them, and never knew anything about her until today. I'm not surprised that she's pretty cool in an interview, and I like her painting. The best part is she's nine years older than I am, and still looked great recently. All my best to the whole bunch, band, entourage and other fans, and to Marty's friend, Angelica from the cafe, if anyone should know her from the old days...
Lane in Illinois
osagebowler48

Postby bear melter420 on Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:05 pm

hey i'm new here. i am 21 and love jefferson airplane(of course). i'm from eugene, oregon, where "we're all here because we are not all there".
"A man came along, with a rain jacket on, a big long gun in his hand"
bear melter420

Postby tontonfranck on Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:31 am

Hmmm, well I must be the oldest newbie...
I'm from France and I've been listening to JA for almost 15-20 years now.
It's one of the few bands I didn't left with the time, I still love it and enjoy my favorite tunes of my youth ("crown of creation", "spar chaynge" etc).

I joigned the forum 3 years ago but I lost the adresse twice, exploded my computer 3 times and died myself something like 10 times.
But I'm always happy to be back and get some news of this amazing band
Excuse my english...
tontonfranck

Postby dandi on Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:35 am

Hi to everyone,
actually i'm not a new member, but since last time i came here, i've forgotten the password, so..
mm, what can i say about me.. mm .. i'm 19, i'm from italy, i'm working to become filmmaker, i love music ( best late 60's, early 70's and some today's indie), reading, cinema, movies, french cinema, surrealism and impressionism.

wish a good day to everyone :D!

d.
between henry miller and bukowsky. and above panofsky, aswell.
dandi

Postby babson on Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:37 pm

I'm about a week old at the JA site. I'm 60 now. Just turned 20 when Woodstock hit my neck of the woods, New England. Didn't go though I had many offers. Had a bad case of Jorma's Uncle Sam's Blues. Was drafted and had 3 weeks left before boot camp. Listened to the Worst of JA LP on and off for many years. Lost my Volunteers and other JA albums in another life. Recently got the JA Woodstock 2 CD set. Have been listening to it for a couple of weeks now. All I can say is I didn't remember JA and Gracy being so unbelieveably fantastic. Seems they are better now that I am 60.

Where have all the young men gone?
Long time ago
Gone for soldiers every one
When will they ever learn?
When will they ever learn?
babson

Postby willie on Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:58 pm

Warmest welcome, babson.
willie

Postby marianne on Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:39 am

Hello everybody, I joined this site today. I'm from Finland so please try to put up with my terrible English :) I have been a great JA-fan since approximately 10years back. Resently I have started to read books about the band and listening all over again to all the records and I'm totally obsessed :mrgreen: Grace Slick is just too hot to be true, I drool when I watch her at my computer :mrgreen: And the music is amazing. Oh why, was I born far too late to exprience all this when it happend :(

Yes, but I hope to bond with some other JA maniacs, and hopefully will learn to express myself better in English as I practise :)

peace and love and have great weekend! <3
marianne

Postby usedtobebabson on Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:40 pm

Hi, I'm new again :? . Love the airplane and many others from that time period. My wife's sister is doing a family tree and my wife's ancestors are from Norway on the mother's side and Ireland/Scottish from the fathers side. My ancestors are from Hungary, although they spoke Czech on the father's side and France on the mothers side. We live in Washington State, USA.

I'm still 60.
Where have all the young men gone? Long time passing
Where have all the young men gone? Long time ago
Where have all the young men gone? Gone for soldiers every one
When will they ever learn? When will they ever learn?
usedtobebabson

PreviousNext

Return to Open Forums