push the music

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

push the music

Postby ceangle13 on Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:25 am

I think it is the responsibility of the die hard fans (like myself) to "push the music" back into popularity. Make the kids of today listen to the songs and make them understand how relevant they still are today 40 years later!!!! JA is not just about White Rabbit and Somebody to love- it is about House at Pooneil Corner, and Volunteers and Crown of Creation and Mexico and Eskimo Blue Day, and Hey Fredrik. Everything they were singing about is still relevant to this world we are living in! Push the Music, Push the Message, besides- the music freakin' rocks!!! Who else plays instruments the way they did? Drugs and love were the fairy tale but the harsh reality is Jefferson Airplane hated the government and the injustice in our society! Smart Lyrics, Awesome Music- kids today need to know about this band!
ceangle13

Postby Don Rico on Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:10 am

"...When I tell you I'm dreamin'

It might seem like silence

But so much can be heard..."
Don Rico

Postby knight of ni on Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:29 pm

I'm one of these "kids today" (only 17 years old) and I've been a big fan of 60s music all my life. I'm doing my best to spread JA to my friends. It hasn't been that succesful so far...but I'm trying :D
Jelly and juice and bubbles...bubbles on the floor
knight of ni

Postby Guest on Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:16 pm

My advice to "kids today" is reject all the manufactured rubbish around today, listen with your heart as well as your ears (sounds corny but it's good advice) and above all keep an open mind and don't give a damn what other people think. If that leads you to old JA albums that's cool, if not that's cool too.

Postby Shadow_of_A_Doubt on Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:33 pm

A band is nothing without its fanbase. These recording , in some cases over 40 years old will die out unless younger crowds have a chance to hear them.
Shadow_of_A_Doubt

Postby 2400 fulton on Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:33 am

well said everyone, I used to be a chapion for Led Zeppelin in the mid 80s
and after that it seemed to take off again, and even people whom I "enlightened" became as big a fan as I. So now I am a huge champion of the Airplane, maybe even more so than the Zep.
Good music speaks for its self, lets help it be heard.
2400 fulton

Postby Bill on Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:26 am

yeah...i just got my friend a copy of after bathing at baxter's for her birthday....i;ve been trying to push them at my school
-Bill
Bill

Postby youngins on Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:19 pm

hey,

This music will never die out. I have several younger friends that now are collecting jefferson airplane lp's. I myslef have surrealistic pillow, crown of creation and volunteers all on vinyl. They truly are better then cd's, there a piece of history, for me, the closest i will ever come to Jefferson Airplane. but yea, they do have a younger fan base. and will be liked for years and years and years to come

-yougins
youngins

Postby Bloodshed Bob on Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:39 pm

My advice to young people would be:

don't listen to music made by black people, unless they are at least 60 or dead

:lol:
Bloodshed Bob

Postby youngins on Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:47 pm

a little racist dont ya think, not all music made by black people is bad.
youngins

Postby Bloodshed Bob on Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:02 pm

I hoped you would have picked up the irony/sarcasm in that...

:roll:
Bloodshed Bob

Postby Box Of Rain on Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:46 pm

Hell, I won't listen to music made by ANYONE who's not over 60 or dead. Heh.
"War's good business, so give your sons
But I'd rather have my country die for me" ~ Grace Slick, Rejoyce 1967
Box Of Rain

Postby Shadow_of_A_Doubt on Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:08 am

LOL Bob....in the even I ever settle down and have kids, rap and hip hop will not be tolerated in my home. They will be raised on what I like, Aerosmith, Kiss Airplane, Janis Joplin, Lynyrd Skynyrd. I guess it really is ture, at least in todays youth for the most part. " If your parents hate it, it must be great". I would never say music made by black people is all that bad by any means. Theres some awsome blues out there , and Aretha franklins older stuff is great too and i wont even start on Ray Charles greatness. But todays rap and hip-hop is just crap thats here today and gone tommorow. Ripping off good rock songs and adding a rap to the beats. Breaks my heart to accidently hear some rapper using the beat or guirat riff from a timeless classic song for their own gain. Cant they make their own work up instead of using other poples ideas from the 60s or 70s ??
Shadow_of_A_Doubt

Postby jonestown on Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:02 am

HaHa - good luck! I've got 3 kids - ages 9 and twins almost 8 - and they listen to what they like. Nothing you can do about it. I can tolerate the Hillary Duff and Disney stuff OK - I actually like Hillary Duff's voice (God I can't believe I'm admitting this) - then there's stuff I don't like, but I want them to make their own decisions! Fortunately they like some of the same stuff I do - Green Day and Donna the Buffalo. . . . :)

I do like the older stuff a lot, but I like to keep current too - tonight I'm off to see the Kings of Leon in San Francisco!
man oh man oh friend of mine
jonestown

Postby BlackCladLizard on Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:21 am

People listen to classic rock regardless is it is popular or not. Its semi "In". After all if you have a Hot Topic in your city you still see all the Doors T-Shirts and Jimi Hendrix shirts. Once they are into them theyll expand their interest if they want. Thanks to the Doors I now like Bubble Puppy ana Beacon Street Union and no one knows who they are! :lol:
BlackCladLizard

Next

Return to Open Forums