Grace Misrepresented by Media and Others

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Grace Misrepresented by Media and Others

Postby graceslick on Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:54 am

Does anyone think that Grace is actually a LOT nicer than some people make her out to be? Or even just a lot more laid back and relaxed about certain things?

Example...

1. Someone on here posted an incredibly short and not too revealing clip featuring Grace for a second and then some fans who'd had things apparently signed by her (music-related things, not art-related)...to me, it seemed the very brief bit that actually showed Grace, was simply her saying something to a guy...and that's it.

The person who posted it or someone else, I can't recall, seems to imply that Grace was surly in some way or saying no to signing autographs...and yet then we see all those people with their records and CDs signed...what the? It seems Grace may not have minded signing things as much as some folks may have us believe..l.

2. Some people on another forum have been going on for a while about Grace being rude and disrespectful in that she won't sign music-related things at her art exhibitions...eh? Why would she? She openly says she'll sign her art work, but just not the music because frankly, it's not relevant. She wants people to be there to see the art, not her or because of her music (even though she knows that's why at least some of the people who attend the exhibitions are there)...so why is this rude or disrespectful of Grace? Then some people have claimed her body guards actually confiscated his music stuff and wouldn't give it back?

I think, and I don't care how many of you consider me deluded or living in some sort of fantasy land, put-Grace-on-a-pedestal type of thing, but I really think that she is actually a very nice, caring and kind person...a very open person...and also a very laid back person. I honestly can't see her instructing her body guards at her exhibitions to do such things as I mentioned above...I think she honestly doesn't care THAT much to do that sort of thing...I think there are policies in place that she doesn't have a heap of control over and that's why these things may have happened.

Does anyone else agree?
graceslick

Re: Grace Misrepresented by Media and Others

Postby Clym on Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:33 am

graceslick wrote:Does anyone think that Grace is actually a LOT nicer than some people make her out to be? Or even just a lot more laid back and relaxed about certain things?

Example...

1. Someone on here posted an incredibly short and not too revealing clip featuring Grace for a second and then some fans who'd had things apparently signed by her (music-related things, not art-related)...to me, it seemed the very brief bit that actually showed Grace, was simply her saying something to a guy...and that's it.

The person who posted it or someone else, I can't recall, seems to imply that Grace was surly in some way or saying no to signing autographs...and yet then we see all those people with their records and CDs signed...what the? It seems Grace may not have minded signing things as much as some folks may have us believe..l.

2. Some people on another forum have been going on for a while about Grace being rude and disrespectful in that she won't sign music-related things at her art exhibitions...eh? Why would she? She openly says she'll sign her art work, but just not the music because frankly, it's not relevant. She wants people to be there to see the art, not her or because of her music (even though she knows that's why at least some of the people who attend the exhibitions are there)...so why is this rude or disrespectful of Grace? Then some people have claimed her body guards actually confiscated his music stuff and wouldn't give it back?

I think, and I don't care how many of you consider me deluded or living in some sort of fantasy land, put-Grace-on-a-pedestal type of thing, but I really think that she is actually a very nice, caring and kind person...a very open person...and also a very laid back person. I honestly can't see her instructing her body guards at her exhibitions to do such things as I mentioned above...I think she honestly doesn't care THAT much to do that sort of thing...I think there are policies in place that she doesn't have a heap of control over and that's why these things may have happened.

Does anyone else agree?

I have no idea what Grace is really like - I don't think anyone apart from those close to her do.

I've never really understood people who desperately want autographs from famous people...so they sign something, big deal - it's meaningless. As a general rule, I think it's best not to meet your heroes (or heroines!) because you'll probably be disappointed.
Clym

Postby graceslick on Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:28 am

Yeah, I see your point, however I think in a way, IF (and that's a big if) you can seriously be realistic about the person you admire, and don't expect them to be anything they're not, and just completely aware that your entire concept of them is based purely on your own perceptions in your own mind and it's not their responsibility to perpetuate that, then I think it can be a nice thing to meet someone you really admire/idolise, whatever.

I've met Marianne Faithfull who is one of my favourite musicians/actresses, and she was gorgeous and lovely. She chatted to us (me, my partner and a small group of people) after a concert she gave in Melbourne in 2003, for about 20 minutes. Such a nice person.

I almost met Stevie Nicks but didn't quite DAMMIT, but my partner met her during the Tusk tour in 1979, and said she was just amazing and really nice, very chatty, etc. They talked for about half an hour and then the next night (my partner loved Fleetwood Mac and was at all 3 of the concerts in Brisbane that year) Stevie recognised her in the crowd and called to her, and then the last night, Stevie dedicated Landslide to her. WOO HOO! How cool is that, eh?

Obviously in both cases, and probably more so with Stevie than Marianne (because of the fact Stevie was hyped from the concert and was on drugs at the time, and Marianne was older and more serene), they may have been showing their best front, if you know what I mean, but hey, we're all the same really. We all have good and bad parts. If you accept this about your famous person, then it's all good I think.
graceslick

Return to Open Forums