jack, Jorma & Friends

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

jack, Jorma & Friends

Postby John80302 on Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:41 am

I have a CD by "Jack, Jorma & Friends". It has 5 tracks, and was recorded at Matrix San Francisco April 13, 1969.

That's all I know. Who knows the name of the CD and / or the song titles?

Thanks

Johns
JohnS
John80302

jack, jorma & friends

Postby John80302 on Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:06 am

I researched the Hot Tuna websites. Nothing there. It was most likely recorded just before Hot Tuna was formed. Both Jack Casady's and Jorma Kaukonen web sites don't go back that far.

The only reference on the web is the list of concerts at the Matrix in SF.

Yes it is a computer CD.

Johns
JohnS
John80302

Postby gTarFreak on Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:24 am

I doubt that it's any kind of official release. Most likely it's something someone taped and has probably been circulating amongst the traders. Without the lineage it would be hard to tell if it's an actual series of concerts or excerpts from Airplane shows. 1969 was the year that resulted in the official formation (or, at least naming) of Hot Tuna. I've got a friend who was in San Francisco around that time. I won't see him until next week, but I'll ask him if he knows anything about it. If all goes well I'll be seeing Jorma at the end of March. I'll ask him, if I remember.

Cheers,
Dave
gTarFreak

Postby FirstBassman on Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:29 pm

[color=darkblue]You have to understand that things were very loose at the Matrix in those days. The Airplane might do a set and then members of the Dead might join them on stage and some members of the Airplane would leave the stage.

The “And Friendsâ€
FirstBassman

Return to Open Forums