Crown of Creation & The Chrysalids

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Crown of Creation & The Chrysalids

Postby psychhead on Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:03 pm

:D Hi all and hail JA forever! I'm writing to you guys from Darwin. The other night, I was discussing C.O.C. with some JA mates and John Wyndham came up. He is the author of Day of the Triffids", a very cool sci-fi novel and The Chrysalids. Some of you might know this already, but I didn't....The song "Crown of Creation" by Jefferson Airplane was inspired by The Chrysalids. Its title and many of its lyrics are drawn from the text. One example reflects a philosophical explanation by the Sealand woman: "But life is change, that is how it differs from rocks, change is its very nature."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chrysalids
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crown_of_Creation
I've read both novels and seen the film adaptations and really love both of them, Recommended reading and viewing.

Rob 8)
Psychedelic music is IN with time!!
psychhead

Postby FirstBassman on Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:59 pm

This is old, old, old, OLD news and has been written about before in this very forum many, many times.
FirstBassman

Postby psychhead on Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:37 pm

:D :D I told you so!!! Don't say you weren't warned, heheh. I was so excited about finding a JA song inspired to one of my fave sci-fi writers' novels, I just couldn't help sharing it here!

Rob :)
psychhead

Re: Crown of Creation & The Chrysalids

Postby psychhead on Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:53 am

That plane above looks pretty upTIGHT!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
psychhead

Return to Open Forums