Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Postby DonRico1967 on Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:02 pm

VEGETARYPOCRACY

Yes I am guilty.

I have a leather belt and also wear Doc Martens.

I tried vegan for a full year-- no milk or cheese--

(I hate eggs anyways-- They are just NASTY-- so not a big deal there)

But full-on vegan, for me-- THAT was EXTREMELY hard.

I love me some good ol' NY-style cheese pizza where it just glistens with gleaming pools of cheese-grease and then ya just pound on the parmesan to soak it all up YUM!!!

And Mexican food? Don't EVEN get me started... I could not deal with life without cheese enchiladas and bean & cheese burritos and cheese quesadillas...

What I am saying is this:

Even though in 1983 I stopped eating flesh foods and never looked back, and it was actually done with ease...

The year that I spent without dairy was VERY difficult and full of cravings... So I back-slid to "vegetarian" from pure "vegan"...

I have mixed feelings about it-- I try to buy organic everything whenever possible, especially milk because you JUST DO NOT KNOW how many steroids, hormones and antibiotics and other chemicals they put into the cows that give commercial milk...

But whenever I go out to eat, it is a crap shoot...
Did they just cook my veggie-burger on the same char-grill full of cow- or pig-fat grease that the regular animal-flesh burgers and meats are grilled upon?
Or like... Is their lard in my refried beans? Chicken stock in my rice?
That kind of stuff.

And I will NOT use "regular" soap"... I get Dr. Bronner's or Kiss My Face from the natural-foods store, or if stuck in a regular supermarket I go for Kirk's Castile Soap or Pure & Natural glycerine. All of these are made with vegetable oils such as olive or coconut.
Regular soap?
Read the ingredients list. The first one is always "Sodium Tallowate".
Do you know what that is?
It translates to mean "salt of fatty (tallow) acid".
Do you know what "tallow" is?
Tallow is rendered pig-fat-- Slaughterhouse left-overs.
Basically, they combine the scraped-off-the floor fat-waste of murdered swine and boil it in a big cooker with lye (sodium hydroxide)...
And then the result? You get crap like "DOVE" which, like they say, is "99 & 44/100% PURE"--
Yeah, pure pig-fat!!!

I do not see how my body will be any cleaner after rubbing a mix of lye and pig-fat all over it.

So I stick to the soaps that I KNOW are safe.

DO NOT EVEN get me STARTED on "Jell-O" or gelatine...
UP AGAINST THE WALL, MOTHERFUCKERS!!!
DonRico1967

Postby DonRico1967 on Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:23 pm

I say this:

If you were stuck in the wilderness, starving, and had to do whatever you could to survive--

Maybe you could fashion a sling-shot or bow & arrow and hunt an animal to eat and keep yourself from starving...
IF you HAD to...
IF you could NOT survive on those nutritious "Purple Berries"...

BUTT--

If you lived in modern industrial society...

If YOU had a CHOICE--

If you could live a healthier, happier, longer and over-all BETTER life--

--WITHOUT eating the flesh of confined, exploited, tortured and murdered animals--
Which we ALL know DO have thoughts and feelings and experience emotions and pain JUST as we "human" animals do--

(Some "wing-nuts" like myself would even say that other animals have "souls", too!!!)

If so--

Then WHY in the world, if faced with that choice, would one CHOOSE to continue to eat the flesh of the carcasses of murdered animals???

Because it {QUOTE}" Tastes good!"{/QUOTE}???

Flesh does NOT taste good!!! It is the spices and flavorings that make it palatable!!!

When I became "vegetarian" it was rather difficult. Now, you do NOT have to shop only at expensive "health-food" stores...
You can go to ANY restaurant and they have vegetarian choices...
You can go to ANY super-market and find whole aisles full of good, natural, healthy alternatives to animal-flesh meat:

Veggie-Burgers, Vegetarian Chili, Soy/ Rice/ Nut Milk and Cheeses, Tofurkey, Veggie Pepperoni, Veggie Hot Dogs, Quorn products... ALL KINDS of different brands of meat-analogs in every conceivable form and flavor-- Literal MULTITUDES...

Most all of which, taste so GOOD that if you fed them to a true die-hard carnivore, they would NEVER EVEN KNOW THE DIFFERENCE (unless you surprise! Told them!!!)

So... Now that even the huge multi-national corporations that control all of our food supplies actually MAKE IT EASY to not eat flesh-foods (meat) and be a ( :shock: ) VEGETARIAN--

Let us now hear from the true-blue MEAT EATERS!!!

What IS y'all's excuse??? Why DO you love to eat the flesh of dead animals?

I am not TRYING to be a total dick now here... I just would REALLY like to hear from a group of cool, PEACE- and FREEDOM-loving folks who DO eat meat, exactly how they rationalize their own personal contribution to the wholesale slaughter of innocent mammals and fowl and fish?

Come on...

CONVINCE ME to change my mind if you can!!!
DonRico1967

Postby DonRico1967 on Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:38 pm

I think everyone here is scared to reply in this topic except you & me, CD...

Meat-eaters who try in other aspects of their lives to be cool and kind--

--I AM NOT TALKING TO THE MILLIONS OF IGNORANT MASSES--

Those who blindly follow corporate and political leaders-- THEY do not ever think about these things and just prefer to remain ignorant of them.

I am addressing folks who are ENLIGHTENED, who seem to care about REAL issues...

But they shy away from their contributions to the deaths of thousands of innocent animals...

I am not TRYING to soap-box-preach or proselytize my OWN personal views...

Just trying to spark a lively debate, that is all.

Crazy vegetarian Rico signing over and out.
DonRico1967

Postby DonRico1967 on Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:06 pm

HERE is an IDEA:

Go to http://www.PETA.com and ask them politely for their "Vegetarian Starter Kit"...

They will send it to you free of charge and no, you will not end up on some sketchy mailing-list.

It consists of a magazine pamphlet with TONS of useful information, facts and figures, and reasons why it is better to save both YOUR health and the lives of thousands of brutalized animals... And in some tiny, infinitesimal way, even make the world a somewhat better place, environmentally speaking...

It is full of helpful hints and GREAT recipes and will TRULY steer you down the right and proper path.

Some folks (like myself) find it easy... Some do not...

Either way, you are going to be doing yourself, the animals, and The Earth a GREAT positive service.

It can't hurt...
DonRico1967

Postby DonRico1967 on Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:09 pm

And yet not only but also:

What the bumper-stickers say IS true:

VEGETARIANS TASTE BETTER!!!

... At least the girl ones do... From MY experience at least...

:wink:
[/b]
DonRico1967

Postby DonRico1967 on Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:00 pm

MEAT = MURDER = MONEY

P.S.: Who pharted??? Must be a MEAT EATER!!!

:lol:
DonRico1967

Postby DonRico1967 on Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:32 pm

Looks like--

Everybody else besides Chasin' Destiny and me is STILL too scared to face reality and discuss this subject.
DonRico1967

Postby DonRico1967 on Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:22 pm

Yep...

It's been two whole weeks now (dos semanas)...

Still nobody wants to confront the issue of eating dead animals.

Roger

-- Rico

Over & Out.
DonRico1967

Return to Open Forums