JA - Photo Thread

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Postby Kollontai on Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:44 am

Chasin'Destiny wrote:So there is a space to download files.....
For anyone who likes JA......

DOWNLOADING FILES :

USERNAME : ja-forum
PASSWORD : grace

UPLOADING FILES :

USERNAME : upload
PASSWORD : paul

i will upload some cd image to there tomorrow,now i am going to my university for english exam......................
Kollontai

Postby Kollontai on Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:12 pm

please delete folder called jefferson airplane fan from hong hong,please don 't delete folder called jefferson airplane fan from hong hong1
Kollontai

Postby Kollontai on Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:34 pm

sorry,please delete the file called jefferson airplane fans form hong kong 1,i make some mistake............
Kollontai

Can't ge tthere from here...

Postby gTarFreak on Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:05 pm

It looks like I'm the only one who can't get to these links. My screen just hangs, and attempts at pinging the servers time out... Anyway I came across this video today and just have to share it. It gives a real good feeling for 'mainstream' Amerika during the 60's and the "invasion of the hippies", focusing on the Grateful Dead...

http://www.davidhoffsommer.com/files/gd1967-00-00_t02fix.mpg

Hopefully you can all get here from there....

Cheers,
Dave
gTarFreak

Postby zeke on Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:16 pm

thank you gTarFreak the link is working fine, but the file is about 70mbs!I can't download it :(
zeke

Postby Guest on Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:12 pm

Yeah, it's a big one, but it's worth the wait. I'd set it up as a streaming video, but I'm in the midst of recovering from a hard drive crash and still haven't gotten that software loaded.

I got the video from FurthurNet, a legal (and free :!: :!: :!: ) file sharing service which, by the way, has a bunch of Jefferson Airplane stuff out there. It's at http://www.furthurnet.org, for those interested.

Cheers,
Dave

Postby gTarFreak on Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:16 pm

Well, that last one was me, but I can seen the auto login is not working again, with IE after the disk rebuild.

Cheers,
Dave
gTarFreak

Postby Chasin'Destiny on Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:53 pm

It is NOT http://www.furthernet.org !
(i think so)

It is http://www.furthurnet.com
(i think so)
Last edited by Chasin'Destiny on Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chasin'Destiny

Postby gTarFreak on Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:31 pm

That's it. Since it's a peer-to-peer filesharing thing, you have to download and install their software, then you can search your 'peers' for the files and download them, making them available for others to upload. Unlike a lot of other file sharing programs, this one comes free of spyware, addware, and all the other crap that seems to infest my kid's computers, who use LimeWire, Kazaa, and similar programs. FurthurNet only supports sharing for groups who have given permission to have their live performances recorded and shared on the Internet, so the list of groups is limited and you won't find the latest Brittany Simpson or some such album out there. Unfortunately you won't find Hot Tuna, either, and the Hot Tuna interludes in a lot of Airplane concerts have been removed because while their policy allows taping, it only allows sharing via CD's and tapes, not Internet. But the Airplane is there, as well as Quicksilver, LOTS of Grateful Dead, Garcia Band, Weir, Lesh, Janice Joplin, and more. And, with broadband becoming more widely used, more and more video stuff is showing up as well. I'm still working on how to make all the stuff I've downloaded in the past available now that I've had to reinstall everything. I've got over 30gb of stuff, which is way more space than I have available on my webserver so I only post a few things there that I'm sure people on this forum would enjoy. Oh well, I'm rambling again... back to disk-recovery tasks!

Cheers,
Dave
gTarFreak

Postby Kollontai on Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:36 am

:D :D :D
Last edited by Kollontai on Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kollontai

Postby Chasin'Destiny on Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:50 pm

Please, send that information by
a personal message.....

There could be somebody against it....
Because its personal.....

Thanks for the files....
Chasin'Destiny

Postby Diane on Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:23 pm

I am not sure if this one was posted (my apologies if it was), but it's one of my favs:

Diane

Postby freakmeout on Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:26 pm

Aw...Marty looks so tired. Or stoned.
They are extremely uncomfortable with the idea that I am a teenage girl in the body of a 60 year old career criminal who has already died 16 times...
freakmeout

Is it real or.....

Postby Chasin'Destiny on Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:36 pm

Could this be real ?

A CD from JA.....like this.....
http://members.home.nl/jjurgens/Christmas_with_JA_1.jpg

And this on the inside.....
http://members.home.nl/jjurgens/Christmas_with_JA_2.jpg

A bit from the internet some things with photoshop.....
And there is a........dream......

Grace singing.....I am dreaming of a white christmas......
Chasin'Destiny

Postby Whenheco on Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:09 am

Grant Park, Chicago, 1969
link
People who visited JE shows in the 60's should put up some more photographs 8) They must be tons of photo's dusting away in garages and attics.

Jefferson Airplane, Central Park 1969 by Richard Blair
The Great! Society Really Doesn't Like You Much At All.
Whenheco

PreviousNext

Return to Open Forums