Hi...and a question

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Hi...and a question

Postby knight of ni on Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:06 pm

Hi!

This is my first time posting here so I'd like to introduce myself. Although I was (sadly) born way after the 60s, I was raised on music from that time period, so it's my favorite. I always knew JA's more famous songs--White Rabbit, Somebody To Love, Volunteers...but I recently got into their other music. They are an incredibly talented group of people (especially Grace...I'm biased, because she's my favorite). In my personal opinion, we don't see talent like that in today's music world. A shame...

Anyway, here's the question. My friend is interested in the Airplane and I want to reccomend some songs to her...which do you all think are some good *starter* songs?

Thanks, and I look forward to posting more in the future! :D
Jelly and juice and bubbles...bubbles on the floor
knight of ni

Starter Songs

Postby Do A Line on Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:58 am

The Airplane covered many aspects of music. What kind of music is your friend into, folk, rock, acid rock, If you had to buy a first Airplane Cd go for 2400 Fulton Street it covers the entire Airplane wingspan. Then go from there, as the first 6 or 7 original albums were recorded as the band progressed from folk to acid it's hard to pick one thinking your friend would like it. I hope this helps, Do
Do A Line

Postby ceangle13 on Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:19 am

If you can get your hands on it- Flight Log Anthology is a good starting point as well. It also has songs from all of the spinoff groups once the airplane started to split! Not a bad song in the mix. Anyone know if it has been released on CD yet? I have vinyl and a cassette. :lol:
ceangle13

Return to Open Forums