grace slick's book

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

grace slick's book

Postby Bill on Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:56 am

has anybody read grace slick's book: somebody to love?
-Bill
Bill

Postby The Acid Queen on Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:35 pm

I read it... it is hilarious!!! She has a great sense of humor, and the book is very informative. I recommend it to anyone who is interested in Grace Slick!
The Acid Queen

Postby Memorabilia on Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:58 am

Just found it at a swedish site... I will surely buy it as soon as possible :)
I saw you grow older
Saw myself grow older too
But not as much as you
If I only knew
Memorabilia

Postby troebuck on Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:37 am

It's not a very well-written book -- but it's right from her mouth, and I'd rather have that authenticity than a polished piece of ghost-writing, in my opinion.

It may not satisfy the cravings for minutiae that hardcore fans might want -- it's certainly written with a more general audience in mind. Definitely good beach reading.

If you look hard enough, you'll find a copy of Grace narrating her book-on-tape version, as well.

I'd recommend, first, that you read Jeff Tamarkin's "Got A Revolution," about the band as a whole. The website for the book is http://www.gotarevolution.com
Tad
troebuck

Thanx

Postby psychhead on Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:47 am

Well I'll be slapped sideways!!!! I didn't remember that Grace wrote this book!!! Thanx for the reminder!!! I'll surely check out Got a Revolution too while I'm at it!!!!
Talking about books, I just got a msg on my cell phone about a new (?) book out called: SONGWRITER. It seems to contain interviews with 14 big artists on the art of writing songs ( I wonder if any JA members are included??!!). Anyone know more???

troebuck wrote:It's not a very well-written book -- but it's right from her mouth, and I'd rather have that authenticity than a polished piece of ghost-writing, in my opinion.

It may not satisfy the cravings for minutiae that hardcore fans might want -- it's certainly written with a more general audience in mind. Definitely good beach reading.

If you look hard enough, you'll find a copy of Grace narrating her book-on-tape version, as well.

I'd recommend, first, that you read Jeff Tamarkin's "Got A Revolution," about the band as a whole. The website for the book is http://www.gotarevolution.com
Psychedelic music is IN with time!!
psychhead

GAR site

Postby psychhead on Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:04 am

I'm having big problems getting into the Got A Revolution site!!! I hope things get better soon!!!
psychhead

Postby ceangle13 on Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:54 am

I have always been entertained by Grace Slicks point of view! Whether it is in music, or liner notes or interviews or her book, nobody could ever be so witty, sarcastic and hilarious as she! My favorite all time quote "I don't care if there's chemicals in it- as long as my lettuce is CRISP" (Eat Starch Mom)
ceangle13

Postby liltawen on Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:06 am

Marty also wrote a book but I've never seen it.
liltawen

Postby jonestown on Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:24 am

I just finished Phil Lesh's new book, Searching for the Sound. Some great stuff in there. Highly recommended. Quite a few references and anecdotes about JA and members. I read Got a Revolution and loved it. Helpful reference. Haven't read Grace's book, but I'd sure like to.
man oh man oh friend of mine
jonestown

Worm on!!

Postby psychhead on Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:02 am

:roll: :!: Hey beautiful people.........it seems I've got a lot of reading to catch up on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob
psychhead

Postby Grace on Tue May 03, 2005 1:12 am

I've read book billions of times. I love the damn book I bought about three copies of the book...and every time I read about it I never get tired of the funny stories :lol:. I'm also reading "Got A Revolution?" that one is awesome too! :D
The Smashing Pumpkins
Grace

Postby Trav on Wed May 04, 2005 8:44 pm

I'll have to find this book. I must read it!
Trav
Trav

Postby Grace on Thu May 05, 2005 2:34 pm

Trav wrote:I'll have to find this book. I must read it!

mmm. a tip :D go to Tower Records or Boarders and I'm sure they'll have the book! :lol: (and make sure the look at every single book on the shelfs :D)
The Smashing Pumpkins
Grace

Postby Trav on Sat May 07, 2005 10:14 am

Thanks Grace. I checked out the nearest Borders and I couldn't find it but I will continue to look. :)
Trav
Trav

Postby Grace on Sat May 07, 2005 11:01 am

Trav wrote:Thanks Grace. I checked out the nearest Borders and I couldn't find it but I will continue to look. :)

cool :lol: ....I would call to see if they had the bloody book :lol:
The Smashing Pumpkins
Grace

Return to Open Forums